Cribl is a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We're backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
Cribl is hiring its first Developer Evangelist to connect with our growing developer community through their passion and domain expertise. This role helps create solutions and solve problems in innovative ways to help our users be successful. You’ll have the opportunity to define developer relations at Cribl and will become a critical role in our strategic development.
You’ll work to raise awareness of Cribl LogStream and AppScope within technical communities, develop engagement strategies for targeted technical communities, craft narratives around new features, products, and technologies, and help practitioners expand their knowledge base. This role is a combination of engineering, community relations, and development, with some marketing and education sprinkled in.
- Grow Cribl’s presence in developer communities, identifying their needs and areas where we can help them succeed
- Build a channel for community feedback for our products and services
- Drive growth in the number of users of LogStream and users/contributors to AppScope
- Craft and maintain documents and guides for developer communities
- Participate in our growing Slack community and user events
- 4+ years experience with a range of products in the monitoring and observability space, such as indexed logging analytics platforms (e.g. Splunk, Elastic), application performance monitoring (e.g. New Relic, AppDynamics), or SIEMs.
- Rich understanding of events, logs, metrics, and traces. OpenTelemetry knowledge is a bonus.
- Cloud native experience: Kubernetes, microservices, service mesh, and Gitops.
- 2+ years in developer education, evangelism, or other public-facing technical roles.
- A track record of presenting, speaking, and teaching technical topics.
- An openness to live streaming on popular streaming platforms, such as Twitch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Points/Preferred Qualifications:
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Experience working remotely
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan offered
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development and Career Growth
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy, including 2 Floating Holidays to use for holidays you observe
- Social Responsibility Employee Group that reflects our value-driven company culture
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.