Senior Information Architect at DocuSign
Senior Information Architect
Product Experience | Chicago, Illinois
Our Agreement with Employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team - Design, Information, and Insights - focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
As an information architect, you are a customer evangelist who understands informational needs and ensures creation of information experiences that help drive product adoption and evangelism. You are a technical, adept listener with a passion for technology, content, and customers. You seek beauty in the portrayal of content, learning and information and create value through clarity. You love a clean API object model or database schema and pursue accuracy in definition. You collaborate with colleagues with ease and bring cross-functional teams together around a common vision. You welcome feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders, seek research and data to support ideas, and tap your intuition to make the right decision in the absence of definitive facts. You adeptly balance business needs, technical feasibility needs, and simple, engaging, user-centered information models. You help drive the product transition from concept and early origins of terminology to reality and shape our in-product learning strategy.
This position reports to the Lead Information Architect.
- Create an in-product information, content and learning framework and strategy, using adult learning theory, instructional design, and behavior analysis, to make a diverse scope of products easier to adopt, and inspire evangelism.
- Develop, evaluate, run and manage aspects of the terminology program and vision, developing roadmaps, alignment and update process and project plans to continually improve the product experience.
- Consult as an expert with designers and others on terminology, taxonomy and navigational structure strategy, and engineers on object models and definitions, to drive uniform standards, and ensure taxonomy management that supports effective information discovery and enabling meaningful search results and navigation.
- Conduct collaboration and customer experience work sessions as needed to facilitate alignment across groups, to inspire customer empathy and investments that improve the customer journey.
- Identify content needs and behaviors through research and data, and customer context-based needs, such as industry and vertical markets.
- Provide actionable recommendations to authors and stakeholders based on research.
- Monitor information investments to track them through metrics and analytics.
- Proactively seek and use input from data sources, the business, and customer feedback
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations, behaviors and learning styles of our target audiences to increase the relevance and effectiveness of content and information.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience with successful information architecture and related roles
- 5+ years of relevant experience is with high-tech, including SaaS, learning and product content, user experience development, API object design and architecture, or taxonomy development, and management
- 4+ years of experience leading information architecture, site structure analysis, search and recall,
- 2+ years working with engineering teams on architecture or object model structure analysis and definitions
- 2+ years working on scalable product naming strategies
- Excellent at communicating up and across organizations
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.