Senior IT Analyst at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We’re proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what’s the role?
Kin’s IT department is critical in supporting all aspects of our operations, and the IT Analyst will work closely with all departments, leaders, and individual contributors across the company. The IT Analyst will support Kin’s internal IT infrastructure, including but not limited to local networking, access, Google Workspace administration, onboarding, technical support, and vendor management. In a growing, fast-paced start-up, this individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams on a wide range of projects, and will report directly to our Sr. IT Manager.A day in the life could include:
- Mobile device management, and administration of communication tools such as Google Workspace, Slack, Kustomer.com, Five9, Zoom and others by updating users, setting up groups, and monitoring access and security.
- Working with IT Manager on special projects
- Assisting with workplace enablement, through maintenance of local internet, local networking, and the distribution and tracking of Kin-issued hardware and software.
- Managing vendor relationships for hardware, software, and services.
- Collaborating on onboarding and offboarding of full time employees and contractors
- Owning Tier 2 and Tier 3 tickets, while being point of escalation on Tier 1 and 2 problems
- Coaching and mentoring IT peers on best practices, occasionally leading helpdesk huddles
- 4+ years of experience in IT
- 2+ years of experience help desk experience preferred
- Experience with Google Workspace / G-Suite and Windows environments
- Knowledgeable of IT best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Scripting and network experience is not required, but would be nice to have
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.