Senior Manager, Analytics at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role:
The Sr. Manager of Data Analytics will partner with our business, product, and engineering teams to enable and deliver exceptional analytics, metrics, and dashboarding to key business stakeholders. They will lead our efforts to move analytics at Clearcover towards a self-service model. They will lead, coach, and mentor a growing team of analysts. We are looking for someone who has had previous success scaling and growing high-performing teams and is passionate about leading, coaching, and mentoring highly skilled technical professionals.
What will you do?
- Lead a mid-sized team of data analysts in a rapidly growing organization
- Partner with key business and executive stakeholders to develop and deliver timely and exceptional metrics, dashboards, and insights
- Develop, implement, and execute a modified Agile framework to rapidly execute and deliver work in a transparent manner to our stakeholders
- Lead our analysts in designing and implementing simple A/B testing
- Partner with stakeholders to improve the data-driven decision-making process in our weekly business reviews
- Manage multiple stakeholders and prioritize and allocate resources to high value work
- Identify, recruit, and hire highly skilled technical professionals
- Develop a deep understanding of Clearcover’s products, features, and related data sources
- Build measurable goals with your teams and direct reports and ensure they are meeting or exceeding those goals
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team that helps each other with a willingness to learn and teach each other
What do you need?
- Experience leading and managing a high-performing analytics team of at least 5 or more analysts
- At least 3 years of management experience
- Experience hiring, recruiting, and retaining talented technical professionals
- Successful track record of executing and delivering metrics, dashboards, and insights for business stakeholders for significant projects or initiatives in a timely and transparent manner
- Exceptional communication skills, especially with senior business leaders, with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of data and how it can be used to derive metrics and insights
- Strong growth mindset, especially when it comes to developing, mentoring, and growing junior staff
- Ability to provide honest, direct and actionable feedback to the team and follow up with relevant coaching and guidance
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools
What would make you an exceptional candidate?
- Prior experience working with insurance data, preferably auto insurance data
- Prior experience in marketing analytics
- 5 years of management experience
- Deep understanding of A/B testing and experiments
- Experience in a start-up or growth environment
- Proficient at Python or R
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.