Senior Marketing Analytics Manager
Who We Are:
Braviant is a leading provider of tech-enabled credit products that combines breakthrough technology and cutting-edge machine learning to transform how people access credit online. Our next-generation approach to lending reduces credit barriers and creates a Path to Prime to help millions of underbanked consumers build credit history, reduce their cost of borrowing, and achieve financial success.
Our Sr Marketing Analytics Manager reports directly to our Chief Analytics Officer, and is instrumental in leading our data-driven optimization of customer acquisition channels and retention strategies.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll manage a small team of marketing analysts responsible for the development, validation, maintenance, optimization, and monitoring of selection models and strategies to support ongoing optimization of return on marketing spend
- You'll coach and mentor junior analytics team members, helps develop them by encouraging training and/or providing development opportunities
- You'll act as a resource and subject manager expert for customer acquisition
- You'll leverage machine learning to grow and optimize Direct Mail, Digital and other new customer acquisition channels
- In effort to always support data-driven strategies and help identify and execute on new opportunities for profitable growth, you'll generate proactive insights and perform ad hoc analysis as needed.
Collaboration and cross-functional partnerships are a key component of your role:
- You'll partner with Marketing, Finance, Product, Operations and Tech to influence the key marketing initiatives, update monthly forecast, and explain any variance in actual vs. projected results
- You'll collaborate with Marketing, Product and Business Intelligence teams to define and monitor critical marketing KPIs
- You'll work together with with Product and Technology teams to build on the existing Analytics infrastructure to support continuous testing / optimization and streamlined implementation of new marketing models and strategies
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of predictive modelers / analytics professionals / data scientists in a fast-paced environment
- MS in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative field, or equivalent work or project experience
- Expert proficiency in in the tools used for data manipulation and statistical analysis e.g. Python/SQL
- Hands-on experience with a variety of machine learning techniques, and the ability to speak to their tradeoffs
- You are passionate about keeping your skills up to date and exploring new methodologies
- You possess a curiosity to understand how things currently work and the dedication to figure out how they should work
- You are a relationship builder who can establish trust, confidence and credibility with peers, senior leaders and direct reports
- You are a believer in teamwork and are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves.
- You’re comfortable with the unknown: startup life allows for a broad, wide ranging role, but also means priorities and work can change quickly. You are excited about all this entails!
What makes you stand out:
- Experience in any of the following: with marketing mix and attribution models, targeting/segmentation, direct mail, digital marketing, optimization, and lifetime value analysis
- Professional experience within unsecured consumer lending
- Knowledge of optimization, stochastic processes, design of experiments and bootstrapping
- Experience with Apache Spark
We're more than just great snacks, unique outings, a cool office, or swag. We're about achieving results while having fun along the way. We believe in solving problems together and building on each other’s ideas. Our teams are comprised of smart, curious individuals and we encourage everyone to think like an owner, take initiative and drive their careers. Our broad roles provide tremendous opportunities for individuals to acquire new skills, gain exposure to all areas of the business, and quickly see their impact at Braviant.