Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, we strive to use data to make the best product decisions in supporting users throughout their journey. The senior product data scientist will sit on the product team and work closely with the product management, data, engineering and other partners to design product metrics, perform advanced analytics, and run experiments to improve our suite of products.
- Build machine-learned models to understand and predict user behaviors.
- Ideate and prototype algorithms that power consumer discovery experience in partnership with product managers. Partner with data team to productionize these algorithms.
- Develop metrics and design experiments and other methods to evaluate effectiveness of the conversion funnel, performance of intelligence based products, and drive improvements.
- Distill insights from complex results and produce high quality written documentation and presentations suitable for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to the overall product and technology roadmap.
- Mentor junior members in relevant disciplines.
We are excited if you...
- Have a Masters/PhD degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Applied Sciences, etc.
- Have a minimum of 6 years of working experience as a Data Scientist, including substantial experience in a consumer technology company.
- Have substantial experience in online experimentation, and are proficient in measuring performance of an algorithm and iteratively improving.
- Have a strong empathy, product sense and deep understanding in customers’ frame of mind.
- Have strong programming skills (Python/R).
- Have strong data visualization and presentation skills.
- Are proficient with relational databases and SQL.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action.
- Can influence peers and senior management through clear thinking and communication.
- Have a track record of managing multiple projects at the same time in a dynamic environment.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
- Have experience in contributing to product and technology vision and strategy, and mentoring/coaching junior team members.
Even Better if you…
- Have a background in machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow/PyTorch/Keras).
- Have exposure to Amazon AWS, Snowflake, Databricks or other data platforms.
- Have experience in predictive modeling and recommender systems.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.