At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve. The BI team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to develop data visualizations to accelerate business decisions. The team is responsible for turning data into high superior dashboards that generate actionable insights, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must. If you love fast-paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What You'll Be Doing.
- Translate ad-hoc requests into re-usable data products that scale to answer larger questions
- Work with business teams and Data Science to understand and scope new dashboards
- Develops robust data visualization products that clearly communicate ideas
- Defines and owns metrics that capture the spirit of business objectives as closely as possible
- Works with engineers and other analysts to maintain the consistency and reliability of the data warehouse
- Boils technical findings down into business recommendations
- Mentor other analysts on design, presentation, & data visualization tool usage
What You'll Be Doing.
- 3+ years of analytics experience in a business environment
- Experience writing & validating complex SQL queries
- Strong attention to detail, coupled with a deep bias to action and a healthy dose of pragmatism
- Advanced Tableau knowledge or other business intelligence tools (QlikSense, Power BI)
- Experience gathering requirements and talking to users
- Proven ability to execute on projects quickly; get things done mentality
- Unabashed question asker; willing to learn anything needed to get things done
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.