Chowbus is a fast-growing, early stage company that enables people to discover and order high-quality authentic Asian cuisine and restaurants to achieve their full potential through technology and tools. We work hard, smart, and with genuine care to make a broad and positive impact on the Asian cuisine experience and all that are involved.
Within Chowbus, the Business Intelligence org combines a deep understanding of the business strategy and performance with analytical and technical capabilities to deliver insights and power data-driven decision making across the business. This org is expected to identify the right areas to focus on and quickly enhance the quality of decision making in those areas.
Within the Business Intelligence org, the Senior Business Analyst role is held by structured thinkers with the technical skills to decipher data and the communication skills to deliver insights effectively to business leaders. They are curious self-starters that understand the business and leverage SQL, Python, etc. to execute data analyses that drive the business forward. The role has high-impact and high-visibility potential, and performance is based on delivered impact. If you are energized by challenging problems and the type that uses data first in decision making, this role may be a fit for you.
- Own Business Intelligence for a portion of the marketplace and advance performance by designing and developing metrics / reports / analyses / dashboards and driving action through effective communication and cross-functional partnership
- Identify areas of opportunity and conduct deep-dive data analyses that result in high-quality insights and recommendations
- Partner with business leaders to strengthen - both in terms of approach and execution - decision making as it relates to their most high-priority focus areas
- Collaborate with data engineers to inform data infrastructure and unlock data needed to power reports, analyses, etc.
- Innate curiosity and business savviness
- 4+ years of experience in roles where Analytics is the core skill
- Flexibility and adaptiveness in order to excel in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Teamwork skills to effectively partner with leaders and teams throughout the business
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill - both in writing and verbally - complex data sets into simple and digestible takeaways for senior leaders and managers and both business and technical teams
- Expert-level SQL
- Proficiency in Python / R
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.