Sr. Business Capture Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewPricing and Profitability is a part of the North America Finance & Sales Operations Organizations
- Business Capture Managers (BCMs) are essential leaders within Motorola Solutions’ North America Sales Operations, as they oversee adherence to the Customer Acquisition Process (CAP) and Executive Bid Contract Review Process (EBCR) for all system opportunities in North America, Federal, and Enterprise markets.
- Empowered to represent senior management for most day-to-day business decisions, the BCMs bring a balanced view toward growing top-line growth and maintaining market share while managing margin, profitability, and contractual, financial, product, and other risks.
- BCMs have regional/market responsibility in partnership with the field operations team. The average active system opportunity pipeline for a BCM is ~$500M.
- The BCMs establish regional pricing contracts and provide strategic leadership while building collaboration and consensus among internal work teams on critical and/or competitive business opportunities.
- Interface with Senior Management of various work functions is frequently required.
- Familiarity with Motorola Solutions portfolio: Project 25 systems, LTE/Broadband systems, Command and Control networks, CAD, Voice and Data Subscribers, and System Integration / Lifecycle Services.
- Wireless communication industry experience attained in the State & Local, Federal, or Enterprise markets
- Diverse experience including at least (2) different disciplines from: sales, system engineering, product business development, product management, finance, or project management.
- Strong and positive relationships with Motorola Sales team highly desirable.
- Experience with customer procurement processes a plus
- Familiarity with system platforms and roadmaps, and/or system costing from an engineering, system integration, or service perspective a plus
Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills, with proven ability to collaborate effectively with:
Senior level management
Cross-functional organizations and teams
Oral and written presentations
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Creative, strategic and competitive mindset
- Ability to proceed with general direction.
- Engineering background and MBA is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.