Sr Manager, GDM Business Analytics at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Global Deal Management (GDM) team enables revenue growth by maximizing value for ServiceNow and our customers through effective proposal management, deal structuring, and subscription analytics. As part of the Customer Success Group, we are focused on providing an outstanding experience to our customers and partners and delivering simple, seamless digital processes to support that experience.
We are looking for a truly unique leader to join our incredibly talented GDM Business Analytics team! If this describes you, apply today!
You are a team builder and a collaborator, working across multiple functions and personas to develop fact-based insights to solve problems. You are an architectural thinker by nature who can connect the processes that generate data to the systems that capture and store that data. You are a practitioner in analytics and data science who can guide and mentor your team in the fields of data engineering, data governance, data modeling and data visualization. You are an experienced business leader who is a master in the fine art of identifying key business questions that only analytics can solve and iteratively and passionately finding answers. You are a technical leader who has managed enterprise IT engagement models and has experience leveraging Agile to manage and deliver enterprise analytics capabilities. And finally, you are creative and have a pragmatic sense of urgency to get things done.
As the Senior Manager of GDM Business Analytics, you will work with the leadership team to establish a clear data and analytics strategy for the GDM organization and mobilize your team to achieve that vision. You will guide the strategy and lead execution to identify and report out on GDM’s key operational metrics, provide thought leadership on approaches that can help us anticipate changing business conditions and propose creative data-driven approaches to drive revenue uplift and operational excellence. You will provide analytics support to transformational and operational excellence projects that will deliver new capabilities that will scale our operation and enable us to seamlessly absorb rapid growth. You will own GDM’s IT engagement model and ensure a clean set of backlog and requirements are prioritized, tested and ready for delivery. You will partner with IT to deliver a modernized self-service analytics ecosystem for the GDM organization, allowing your team and other business professionals access to data and critical insights required to effectively run the business. And finally, you will establish a clear set of priorities for your team, balancing project work with technical skill set development.
We are looking for someone who is a strong Customer and Sales advocate and will invest deeply to understand ServiceNow’s GTM and Sales Processes to deliver better analytical solutions. We are looking for someone who can bring best practices in analytical product delivery to the team and can be both a coach and player. And finally, we are looking for someone with high energy, a strong work ethic and disciplined execution skills who is able to work seamlessly across Sales, Operations, IT and our Product team to deliver results.
What you get to do in this role:
· Develop GDM’s business data and analytics strategy to support our north star operating model and growth expectations
· Deliver GDM’s metrics strategy and framework to accurately report operational performance and provide data-based opportunities for revenue lift and productivity gains in QBR’s
· Development and delivery of a modernized self-service reporting environment for GDM, including environment refresh SLA’s and best practices, data governance strategy, data quality strategy, data model development and maintenance strategy
· Document GDM’s data architectures and ecosystems end to end and protect operational integrity; Govern architectural changes and control impact across transformation efforts; Define and drive to target state architecture.
· Provide analytical support (data analysis, modeling, visualization) to GDM transformational and operational excellence projects and activities, as both player and coach, including: CRM, CPQ, EMS, instrumentation and telemetry improvements, creation and improvements of operational reporting and dashboards, process mining, etc.
· Develop and implement best practices methodology for analytics development, testing and deployment (ie CRISP-DM or similar)
· Prioritize work load for a highly skilled analytical team and define and execute a technical skill set development plan; Carveout team capacity for research and development and rapid response projectsQualifications
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
· 10+ years as an analytics practitioner across the full data science stack: data exploration, engineering, modeling, advanced analytics, visualization, testing, hardening, deployment, support
· 5+ years experience as a manager and leader of business or IT analytics teams
· 5+ years experience in SaaS subscription models and licensing, knowledge of Sales processes, deal management, product instrumentation and telemetry is required
· Proven experience in building, growing, retaining and leading high performing, diverse analytics teams
· Passionate, experienced, empathetic hands-on leader and tenacious problem solver
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Bachelor degree in Data Science, Computer Science/Engineering, Business Analytics, Statistics, Informatics or other quantitative disciplines
· MBA or masters in other business fields highly desiredAdditional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.