Strategic Finance Analyst (Corporate Financial Strategy) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for a passionate and analytically minded professional to join the Strategic Finance team. Strategic Finance is responsible for driving company strategy, empowering executive decision making, and guiding the company towards achieving its goals. This high impact, highly visible role sits on the Corporate Forecasting and Analytics group, a scrappy, tight-knit subteam with outsized cross-functional impact and ownership. We help set the company-wide targets, provide forecasts and real time analytics to executives and business leaders, and partner cross functionally to evaluate strategic business and product decisions. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and present to all levels of the organization.
What you'll do
- Own Affirm’s corporate financial operating model used for company strategic planning, investor relations and ongoing consolidated financial forecasting and reporting
- Empower CFO, Head of Investor Relations and broader Executive Team with timely, accurate and comprehensive view into Affirm’s near term and long range financial future
- Partner with Capital Markets and Treasury teams to evaluate complex funding strategies
- Create financial impact analyses for strategic decisions across the company (e.g. new merchant offerings, new consumer products, pricing changes, funding structures, M&A, new geos, hiring, etc)
- Help draft investor presentations, board meeting materials, and SEC filings
- Establish financial targets and drive accountability for results by analyzing and reporting realized financial performance to Executives and other company leaders
What we look for
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- Strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity and an ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent communicators who seek out the opportunity - and accountability - that comes with being front and center with company executives
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture and evaluate analyses with strategic business context
- 2+ years experience in investment banking or similar analytical roles (consulting, data science, etc.)
- Excellent excel ability (you should be prepared for a financial model case study)
- Experience and/or strong interest in learning SQL and Python
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.