We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Vice President of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, you are a leader of leaders.
You are assisting the CTO of the company and the Executive Team with implementing the company's overall values, mission and strategic goals. You create a technical vision for AI at Relativity and plan and implement new technical projects or product lines. You align with other functional leadership of the business to develop plans to meet overall business growth, revenue and cost targets. You provide high level strategic direction and influence the goals and direction of groups across the company. You design and structure your organization to meet your business objectives and establish teams with clear mandates and direction. You create the identity for your organization and connect that identity back to the company. You define the value proposition of your organization and represent that value to senior executives through delivery of appropriate metrics and performance indicators that measure progress against your strategy. You manage and coordinate product development, working with product management, sales and marketing to determine competitiveness of new technologies. You implement innovation processes to identify and analyze new technologies and run competitive analyses. You are a senior technical representative at events and meetings with major customers, suppliers and trade organizations. You continually challenge existing standards of excellence and propose new standards. You create an environment that fosters innovation while maintaining focus on departmental goals. You create a culture of continuous, systematic improvement in your organization. You are the leader for an area of strategic importance and of significant impact; enhancing AI and ML will enable our customers to further “discover the truth” and “act on it”. We believe AI should be used on every investigation and matter in our software.
We are focused on four key pillars:
1. Algorithm excellence, ensuring every algorithm or capability we offer provides the most robust experience possible.
2. World class toolset, expanding our toolset to quickly and iteratively solve complex challenges.
3. Massive data focus, we focus on continuous improvement with data driven benchmarks and practices.
4. Through AI everywhere, we plan to seamlessly weave AI capabilities throughout Relativity in all stages of the discovery process to better manage cases and to optimize product operations.
In the past two years, 1.5 billion documents have benefited from the insights of Relativity AI – with substantial growth expectations in the coming years. You will be expected to deliver industry leading solutions in AI and ML and maximize our investments in machine learning, structured, and conceptual analytics solutions like email threading, active earning, concept searching, clustering and more that take advantage of nearest neighbor, support vector machine and other learning techniques.
- You have significant management experience and are an effective leader; you regularly show leadership and drive high standards in recruiting, annual focal review (performance review, promotion slate, development plans, etc.), and other key people-processes. You have defined long-term, high-level plans that affect many groups, including those outside your department.
- You create a leadership culture and are consistent in your words and actions. You recognize potential and seek to develop leadership capability in others.
- You influence teams and groups outside your wider organization with your deep insight and strategic thinking.
- You participate in Relativity’s planning process for your team, driving its strategic direction, ensuring its accurate measurement, and your team has delivered against your plan.
- You define standards of excellence for your team and are responsible for achieving the intended outcomes – you own the results.
- You demonstrate the ability to escalate appropriately and effectively throughout the company to drive results.
- You have demonstrated the ability to drive the definition and adoption of metrics that appropriately capture your business and operational performance.
- Your decisions are influenced by an understanding of business, financial, and legal issues.
- You create a culture of innovation, encouraging your team members to find new and better ways to achieve their goals. You foster an appropriate culture of tolerance for taking innovative risk.
- You own the technical vision and plan for implementation for one or more product domains; responsible for the technical integrity of products delivered in these domains
- Actively work to attract, develop and retain top talent to build best in class capability. Hire and manage engineering managers and serve as the people leader for his/her product domains
- Maintain an understanding of technical trends, customer trends, and competitive product
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You and your team develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible systems and processes without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
- You have an understanding and empathy for Relativity’s customers and business objectives, particularly those aspects relevant to your team and your division.
- You know who your customers are. You inform and involve your stakeholders in planning and implementation of work in your team.
- You continually align your team’s work, goals and priorities with Relativity’s business objectives and deliver significant business value.
- You stretch beyond your current goals and objectives to proactively find ways of growing the business and providing value to customers.
- Customer orientation; pursuit for understanding customer need and delivering innovative solutions to meet them
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; Exceptional presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills
- Strong decision-making skills and good judgement
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and demonstrated creative and innovative problem-solving ability
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- This ideal candidate will oversee 1+ product domains in the Engineering department with a global team.
- He/she will have multiple managers reporting to him/her and indirectly oversee 75+ individual developers.
- He/she will be a key member of the CTO’s leadership team and will have decision-making authority within his/her respective product domains.
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.