Decision Analytics Consultant - Intern (US Offices)
ZS is a place where passion changes lives. As a management consulting and technology firm focused on transforming global healthcare and beyond, our most valuable asset is our people. Here you'll work side-by-side with a powerful collective of thinkers and experts shaping solutions from start to finish. At ZS, we believe that making an impact demands a different approach; and that's why here your ideas elevate actions, and here you'll have the freedom to define your own path and pursue cutting-edge work. We partner collaboratively with our clients to develop products that create value and deliver company results across critical areas of their business including portfolio strategy, customer insights, research and development, operational and technology transformation, marketing strategy and many more. If you dare to think differently, join us, and find a path where your passion can change lives.
Our most valuable asset is our people.
At ZS we honor the visible and invisible elements of our identities, personal experiences and belief systems-the ones that comprise us as individuals, shape who we are and
make us unique. We believe your personal interests, identities, and desire to learn are part of your success here. Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts and the networks ZS supports to assist our ZSers in cultivating community spaces, obtaining the resources they need to thrive, and sharing the messages they are passionate about. Learn more
DECISION ANALYTICS CONSULTANT - INTERN
Decision Analytics Consultant (DAC) Interns serve on project teams that deliver high-quality projects to clients. In particular, Consultants combine best-in-class analytic skills with strong problem-solving and communication abilities to lead analytical work to help clients solve strategic, tactical, and operational business problems. Consultants may work on multiple projects simultaneously. As Consultants advance in their career, they often specialize in a particular industry, practice area and/or client relationship.
- Work with project leadership to define project scope and develop approach
- Lead project teams in design and execution of analyses to test hypotheses and improve client commercial effectiveness
- Lead project task execution by ensuring progress, organizing project data and coordinating team meetings
- Conduct issue analysis and develop hypotheses on the key client issues
- Synthesize findings, develop recommendations and communicate results to clients and internal teams
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within projects and practice areas
- Participate in business development
- Contribute to internal firm activities
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Candidates should be in their first year of an MBA program and possess a bachelor's (and often graduate) degree in a quantitative, analytical discipline, such as Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Management Science, Data Science, Statistics, Econometrics, or Engineering. Alternately, candidates may possess a PhD in marketing, economics, decision sciences or related field with a business application. In lieu of an MBA or PhD, 5-8 years of relevant work experience may substitute.
- Up to 3 years of post-MBA relevant work experience, and 3-5 years of pre-MBA relevant work experience, with evidence of strong analytic work (including use of advanced modeling techniques and tools such as R, SAS, Tableau, or VBA
- High motivation, good work ethic, maturity and personal initiative
- Aptitude for, and enjoyment of, leading and managing teams
- Effective oral and written communication skills that enable personal impact with senior-level decision makers
- Strong attention to detail, with a quality-focused mindset
- Analytic problem solving skills, with a creative and innovative outlook
- Client service orientation
Perks & Benefits:
ZS offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health and well-being, financial planning, annual leave, personal growth and professional development. Our robust skills development programs, multiple career progression options and internal mobility paths and collaborative culture empowers you to thrive as an individual and global team member.
We are committed to giving our employees a flexible and connected way of working. A flexible and connected ZS allows us to combine work from home and on-site presence at clients/ZS offices for the majority of our week. The magic of ZS culture and innovation thrives in both planned and spontaneous face-to-face connections.
At ZS, we're building a diverse and inclusive company where people bring their passions to inspire life-changing impact in global healthcare and beyond. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and recognize the value that candidates with all backgrounds, including non-traditional ones, bring. If you are interested in joining us, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
ZS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to any class protected by applicable law.
To Complete Your Application:
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain work authorization for their intended country of employment.
ZS is committed to providing and maintaining a safe workplace. In order to keep its employees safe, ZS recommends that all its employees and contractors be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination can be voluntarily provided upon acceptance of offer of employment.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Find Out More At: