Arity-Design Research-Lead (Remote-home based worker) at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The role pays in the range of $80,500 to $135K and is based on qualifications and experience.
The Arity Experience Design (AXD) team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services. We bring value to our products by providing a positive, engaging, and productive experience. The team is made up of Design Leads, Experience Designers, Content Designers, Design Researchers, UI Engineers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The Associate Design Research Manager will be responsible for designing and aligning research activities with the product roadmap, and for delivering B2B and consumer insights to inform the discovery, design, and evaluation of critical products and/or product suites. The Associate Design Research Manager will develop our quantitative research to integrate with our qualitative practices, driving its strategy and vision. This role will conduct research activities using a variety of methodologies and tools; will conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and will develop reports that contextualize user research findings within the larger business and development strategy.
• Continue to develop and lead our quantitative research practice – which includes conducting annual consumer surveys across our product areas, as well as surveys that dive deeper in specific product areas
• Lead research efforts for a product area, includes identifying latent research needs, operationalizing research processes, streamlining research questions
• Conduct research for strategic efforts in a product area, while supporting scrum team level research
• Leverage partnerships with analytics, design, product and other research disciplines to drive
the design and research direction
• Independently plan and conduct other in-depth exploratory and evaluative studies, leading and mentoring these methods across the AXD team
• Work with the Design Research Senior Manager to develop and implement goals for the Design Research Team and products areas
• Train peers and other team members in proper research and testing techniques
• Inspire others with your enthusiasm and work ethic
• Demonstrated competence with surveys with statistically significant sample sizes, usability testing, cognitive walkthroughs, heuristic reviews, and gathering qualitative and quantitative measures using design artifacts at any level of fidelity
• Facility with generating and applying frameworks to organize research findings and provide decision framing for different stakeholder audiences
• Reliable test-plan management, skillful session facilitation, and clarity in communicating research methods and outcomes
• Excellent communication skills, including storytelling, writing, and presentation
• 3+ years of relevant experience within a behavioral research function; interdisciplinary design and research background preferred. Experience being integrated with a multidisciplinary product team is a plus.
• Ability to meet and serve design teams where they are, and set them up for success
• Experience/familiarity with UserZoom, Validately, InVision, Sketch, Typeform, SurveyMonkey, Adobe analytics, Tableau, and other usability and analytical software tools a plus
• Comfortable acting and moving activities forward despite uncertainty
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment