Associate Design Researcher
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking a flexible learner and listener to support all design research efforts at ShopRunner. You’ll design studies, recruit, moderate, analyze, and develop recommendations; having a solid understanding of how to write and ask the right questions is foundational for this role.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop research plans and execute a variety of research methods to support initiatives around the organization.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Execute generative and evaluative methods such as usability testing, concept testing, contextual inquiry and survey design. Having a solid understanding of how to write and ask the right questions is foundational for this role.
- Be a passionate advocate for the human. We have two core customers types; shoppers and retailers. You’ll represent them and their needs in every discussion.
- Work with teams around the organization to inform, critique and explore new opportunities. You’ll be a collaborative partner to product, design, marketing, engineering and others around the company.
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have an education in research or design. We’re looking for folks who have an education or background in design or research such as, Psychology, Sociology, Journalism, Anthropology, Bootcamp, etc.
- You’ve practiced a variety of methods and know when to use them. You understand their strengths and shortcomings.
- You have experience researching for digital products.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- You to have a strong sense of independence, ownership, initiative, and curiosity.
- You’re eager to build relationships around the company. Having empathy for your co-workers and understanding their needs is key to being successful when working collaboratively across functions.
- Emotionally intelligent and mature approach to working in an evolving work environment.
- Bonus points if you know how to design and prototype interfaces. Every once in a while we’re in a pinch and having a researcher with design chops is appreciated.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.