Brand Designer at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Design
Our team actualizes Gemini’s mission by designing best in class products and brand experiences. In Design, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. Our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institutional. Our work is simple, engaging, effective and cohesive.
The Role: Brand Designer
This designer will be focused on marketing and brand design with the ability/option to learn and collaborate with product design. This individual will support business goals related to brand building, brand recognition, and marketing. They will contribute to the Gemini look and feel and have the ability to creatively express the brand across a variety of mediums.
- Evolve and apply our visual identity; become fully immersed in the Gemini brand and mission
- Support day-to-day creation of brand, marketing, comms, and sales assets working closely with project leads
- Collaborate with other designers and project leads to the develop visual approaches for product launches, features updates, and ad campaigns
- Design assets for social channels and support the communications team with creative approaches to social media
- Work with marketing to design emails, ads, and digital and print collateral
- Develop new designs as well as iterate on existing designs for the gemini.com
- Explore new directions and design patterns to meet the requirements while always pushing the quality of design forward
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role and or formal design training
- Proficient in Figma or sketch, Adobe CC, Google Suite
- Experience designing for the web and mobile, and with using design systems
- Can execute on a predefined design direction as well as take and implement feedback
- Clear understanding of visual hierarchy, balance, rhythm, typography and color
- Ability to problem solve and provide multiple simplistic solutions
- Creative mindset and ability to adapt to change
- Has a collaborative work ethic
- Interest in motion/video design
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.