Contract Graphic Designer
PEAK6 is changing the face of investing. We believe that the promises of many financial technology companies have fallen short—too many people are still living paycheck-to-paycheck, not saving enough for retirement, and not benefiting from the historic gains of the stock market. We want to change that. Our mission is to empower a new generation of investors who have been neglected—and even taken advantage of—by existing services. Headquartered in Chicago, Peak6 is combining the financial acumen of one of the nation’s most successful trading firms with the technical expertise of the platform trusted by the world’s most sophisticated investors. The details of our plans are still under wraps, but we’re looking for people who are inspired by creating a more inclusive financial system for all, and who thrive in tackling audacious goals.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Owning and contributing to the end-to-end design of a wide variety of e-commerce related experiences; from concept to launch to iteration with an objective of exploring viability of a product idea and ability to take to market
- Sketching, wireframe, prototype, and animate to turn concepts into understandable, actionable high-fidelity designs and design systems
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Developing and executing total user experiences for a variety of new products, apps, and platforms (wireframes, sketches, branding, etc.)
- Working with Creative Director and Product team to build a powerful and interesting user centered designs
- Conducting research to inform the overall viability of a new product idea as well as to inform design and user experience approach
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 6+ years in user experience design
- Experience in designer for consumer applications across mobile and web
- Portfolio demonstrates strong conceptual skills with a diverse range of visual styles
- Ability to work with internal teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.