CREATIVE DIRECTOR at Caterpillar
Our internal and external clients require world class creativity in concept development and access to expanding communication channels to deliver messaging to Cat customers that demand to receive their information on the platforms and languages of their choosing. If Caterpillar wants to "stand out from the crowd", it requires big picture thinking that leverages customer insights to drive results that remain targeted on the goals of individual industry groups, applications and customers.
As Creative Director, you will lead a team of Design, Copywriting, Video, Animation and Photography professionals. The role requires an individual with the ability to develop world class creative concepts, communicate effectively, inspire innovation and provide leadership and development for the team.
- Translate business strategy into effective creative execution.
- Support marketing and business unit leadership in the evaluation, development and refinement of creative marketing concepts at the individual project, program and industry levels.
- Extend the Caterpillar editorial and design platform through all business units, integrating messaging throughout multiple forms of media.
- Team with account managers and marketing strategists in focusing and translating business partner needs into smart, measurable creative strategies.
- Contribute strategic ideas and innovative thinking that support business objectives.
- Enable and support the creative teams in the development of fresh, compelling creative concepts that add to the Caterpillar customer experience and build the brand.
- Ensure copy is customer focused and portrays Caterpillar “voice” across print and digital channels.
- Work with functional team supervisors to refine workflow processes to better meet high-volume, high-quality program demands.
- Actively contribute higher-level ideas and messaging that positions and differentiates Caterpillar from our competition.
- Keep abreast of business climate changes, including insight into industry, competitive, target audience and marketplace changes.
- Be aware of major cross-enterprise initiatives, marketing and publicity programs, representing and addressing channel concerns and needs as appropriate.
- Build strong, collaborative business partnerships with key clients, colleagues, and service providers.
- Review and approve all creative marketing collateral for quality excellence prior to delivery to clients.
- Provide overall creative direction and feedback for a team of writers, designers, photographers and videographers to create strategic, cutting-edge, targeted communications.
- Monitor team performance and give guidance when needed
- Support forecasting and budget management for the creative team.
- Agency experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a creative team.
- Experience with a wide array of media including print, broadcast, online, outdoor and events/displays.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing or Communications, or Design
- Understanding of all aspects of print and interactive design, as well as copywriting.
- Strong, flexible strategic thinker with vision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Amount of travel is dependent upon if the candidate resides in Peoria or Chicago, IL. If Peoria, travel is 10% or less. If Chicago, travel will be around 25% to commute to Peoria.
- Relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.