Creative Director at Green Thumb
As the Creative Director you will bring it all to the party, managing a growing team of designers, production artists, and video/photography production specialists, to concept, design, and execute the creative direction for our corporate brand (Green Thumb) and our growing house of CPG brands (Rythm, Dogwalkers, incredibles, Dr. Solomon’s, and Beboe). This is a critical position and requires an exceptional, dynamic and high energy leader who can both “lead” and “do”. You will interact daily with Brand Marketing, Social Media, and external agencies, leveraging a lethal combination of strategic thinking, creative knowhow, business understanding, and interpersonal skills to establish best-in-class visual manifestations of our brands.
The right candidate will be a team player and leader who establishes a culture of collaboration, calculated risk-taking, and continuous improvement. You must be organized but flexible, this business moves at a fast pace and have a vision for how our creative team can continue to grow to support our expanding business goals.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion.
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met across the body of creative assets/content.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams, nurturing cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage a growing internal and freelance team against a variety of projects, ranging across brand identity, brand packaging, product innovation, brand activation and digital application (video/web/social media), ensuring on-time delivery
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members, including designers, production artists, and digital production specialists.
- Identify, communicate, and action design trends
- Partner with our VP, Consumer Products Marketing to architect the future direction of the internal Green Thumb creative team.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, or similar. Master’s degree in related field a plus.
- 7-10+ years of progressive experience in graphic design or art direction – some agency experience preferred.
- 5+ years in creative team management (2+ direct reports)
- Stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills
- Mastery in Adobe Creative Suite required; capability with W3C HTML / XHTML, CSS, and Flash a plus
- Experience collaborating with internal and external partners (e.g., internal brand teams and outside agencies)
- Deep understanding and proficiency in conceptual brand storytelling
- Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of design/content.
- Demonstrated skill in leading both experienced and ‘green’ graphic designers, video production experts, and copywriters.
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry!
- Animation and/or copywriting experience a big plus.
- Must include work samples/portfolio to be considered.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail but comfort with ambiguity.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb.
- Must have a solid understanding and/or come to master the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state /DOA.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.