project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
project44’s Creative Director shapes the creative development of all design projects from concept to completion. The Creative Director will control the creative direction of project44’s visual brand assets and campaigns, helping to deliver an engaging brand experience while creating highly usable, forward-thinking print, graphical, web and experiential designs.
- Oversee all print and digital creative brand assets, including but not limited to video development, infographics, sales materials, business cards, event graphics, landing pages, e-mail templates, product marketing materials, and print or digital display ads.
- Take full responsibility for the visual brand identity to ensure all brand standards are being followed consistently across the organization and externally. Elevate our brand and visual identity and help define new standards as company and brand evolves.
- Oversee project44’s in-house design team (1 FTE). Manage deliverable timelines and budgets, clearly communicate dependencies, and manage expectations of team and manager. At times this means also commissioning specialists, such as artists, printers, photographers, or web developers to work on projects.
- Collaborate closely with key marketing, product and sales stakeholders to create compelling design solutions that align with strategic objectives. That means being able to take a brief or outline, generate ideas, produce an effective asset, and provide guidance for the use of your design concepts in video, online, events, and social and emerging platforms
- Understand the technical implementation of digital creative, working within platform constraints, and also creatively problem-solving to work around these constraints to enhance site/user experience.
- Contribute to marketing and creative strategy. Turn ideas into presentable concepts and translate those concepts into design recommendations that achieve simplicity. Stay ahead of current design trends and technologies to inform your work and inspire the creative team.
Requirements and Preferred Skills:
- At least 6+ years of design experience
- Formal college degree is not a requirement as long as you can demonstrate a strong portfolio showcasing innovative technology solutions.
- A passion for clean, functional, impactful, contemporary yet sophisticated design.
- Strong understanding of brand and grid systems, composition, and color, with a keen eye for typography and photography, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be expert in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.), Microsoft Office, and Sketch. Front-end development is a plus.
- Experience designing for a (either in house or at an agency) a transformative B2B technology or enterprise SaaS brand.
- An understanding and respect for the limitations of brand guidelines balanced by an ability to push those guidelines in creative, unexpected ways
- Strong project management skills
- Looking for someone who is self-managed while able to work collaboratively in team environment. Work efficiently and effectively and deliver work on time.
- Strong organizational skills, strict attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative, conceptual and customer-focused thinker who collaborates with the rest of the creative team to ensure that the design, writing and technology project44 develop achieve our objectives.