Providing coaching and thought leadership, our Creative Directors drive innovation and collaboration within the team and with other functions of the business, in order to improve the quality of work we deliver to our clients. Creative Directors play an instrumental role in helping to facilitate change management and contribute to the One North culture.
Creative Directors typically build a team of designers at varying levels around a core set of clients while helping to shape and service new client opportunities as they arise. Creative Directors work collaboratively with the Managing Director to help build our brand and design offering, develop talent and drive the business forward.
- Manage the creative process on projects from concept to delivery, while overseeing direct reports and other team members.
- Lead engaging presentations that drive business development efforts and positive engagements with prospective and current clients.
- Participate as an individual contributor by creating end-to-end, diverse, and strategic brand and digital collateral.
- Work closely with client services and PMO to plan project deliverables and the client approach.
- Work closely with client teams to ensure our design solutions are solving both user and business goals.
- Lead work sessions and workshops with clients.
- Effectively manage and develop team talent and participate in recruiting new team members.
- Contribute to thought leadership and serve as role model for leadership, professionalism and innovation for Experience Design, One North and our clients.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 10-15+ years of experience in a collaborative, digital environment
- An expert understanding of design fundamentals as well as best practices for digital designs
- Strong knowledge of front-end development practices including familiarity with HTML, CSS and other modern browser capabilities
- Strong written and oral presentation skills particularly in front of clients
- Experience providing art direction and leading projects
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects ranging in size and scope simultaneously
- Prior experience in management and or mentorship of direct reports
- Expert understanding of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Figma
- Familiarity with other focus areas of Experience Design, including Brand, Content Strategy, UX and Digital Strategy
- A BFA in graphic design preferred
- A strong portfolio demonstrating innovative digital design work