Director of Design at PowerReviews
PowerReviews is a fast-growing software company who partners with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to help them improve product and shopping experiences. Through user-generated feedback like reviews, questions and answers, and customer surveys, PowerReviews connects the entire shopping experience giving both businesses and consumers critical information for making informed decisions.
In your role as the Director of Product Design, you will contribute to pursuing this mission by taking responsibility for the PowerReviews brand and the ease-of-use of it's products.About You
- You've managed a team of designers before. You are comfortable with people and career management for the members of your team and are also comfortable working with other members of the org to make sure their needs are covered.
- You're comfortable owning the quality and business goals of design. You are able to set the bar for and articulate the quality of design your team members should strive for while still pushing the team to meet business goals.
- You're a solid mentor and coach. You're skilled at giving advice and guidance to designers on your team. You're able to help them navigate situations and are willing to step in and help solve problems where needed.
- You're an experienced UI/UX designer. You're a goal-oriented designer who's created experiences across all types of devices and applications. You understand the principles of designing software and understand how your designs impact technical scope.
- You embrace flexibility. You look at taking on tasks outside of your immediate set of responsibilities as a new opportunity to learn. You are comfortable when plans change and are able to inspire the team members around you to follow with. You want what’s best for the overall business and will jump in to help.
- You are known to be the best. You pride yourself on constantly elevating all things for product design and user experience making all stakeholders better.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of product designers .
- Collaborate with your team of product designers to refine the design process and to contribute to a consistent and effective system of design.
- Coordinating with the product team to establish design priorities to drive the most impactful business results.
- Creating wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to validate new product and feature ideas.
- Collaborating with front-end and back-end development team members to create simple, scalable, and effective product experiences.
- Run quantitative and qualitative tests and distill results into actionable plans for development initiatives.
- 10+ years experience in a design role dealing with consumer-facing websites, apps, software and/or mobile experiences.
- 3+ years managing a team
- Strong visual design aesthetic and experience in designing in an agile environment
- Familiarity in designing across multiple screen sizes and devices
- Working knowledge of Adobe products and sketch in a mac environment
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS for prototyping and proofs of concept
- Research and validation experience including usability testing and a/b testing
- 4-year degree in design-related field
About Our Team
At PowerReviews, Design is a small team but one with a great amount of influence and responsibility. We are researchers, architects, designers, strategists, and feedback gatherers. On our teams, we are the advocates for the end-user perspective. We are the bearers of quality. We are committed to elevating the brand. We build trust with our teams by delivering consistently, by communicating frequently, and collaborating at every step.