DIRECTOR OF DESIGN
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro is passionate about designing systems that make our customers’ lives better.
The Director of Design will be responsible for building, managing and coaching a strong team that promotes design excellence across Centro’s entire product line. If you are someone who is excited at the prospect of working and collaborating with a team of designers, product managers and engineers to solve complicated technical and design problems, then this is the role for you!
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Centro, we’ve always been about making people’s lives better—from our employees to our clients. Today, we’re building a unified platform to execute every digital media advertising transaction, thus providing a new level of automation and intelligence in ad tech. This is an enormous task that will disrupt an industry and improve the lives of those who work within it.
To do this, we’re aggressively growing our team of engineers, product managers and designers. We are imaginative, passionate, determined and relentless in our efforts. Of course, we are fascinated by the complexity of engineering problems at this scale—it’s what brings bright minds together. But what keeps us coming back (and why we love coming to work every day) is the chance to improve how work gets done: freeing up people’s time so that they can dream bigger and make life better.
Come build something amazing with us.
- Lead a team that is driven to ensure that our product meets high standards of usability and design excellence
- Recruit, onboard, coach and inspire talented UX and UI designers
- Drive the creation of our strategic design process to optimize the intuitive user experiences of new and existing features
- Build strong partnerships across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to create rewarding user experiences and solve complex design problems across multiple channels
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise-scale SaaS Design, with at least 3 years of experience managing a team of designers
- A strong track record in conceptualizing and setting strong design direction
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices, with a desire for the continuous improvement of processes
- The ability to strategically apply creative executions across multiple platforms, while ensuring that the solutions to complex problems remain simple
- Skilled in understanding business objectives and building consensus across stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative independently, while thriving in a team environment
- A fun, positive attitude that embodies the Centro Manifesto
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.