Director of Design
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Do you want to create the future of retail for millions of users? At ShopRunner, we’re changing the way we deliver experiences to our consumers and partners by putting the customer at the center of everything we do. As a Director of Design, you will lead and mentor talented designers and UX researchers to create a strong culture of design across the organization. This is a key role that will become a trusted, strategic partner to marketing and product leaders as well as executives. The work you do at ShopRunner will positively impact the lives of millions of consumers every day.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead and inspire your managers and individual contributors to design and deliver best-in-class experiences aligned to company goals
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision
- Partner with product and engineering leaders to implement a repeatable, human-centered design process that solves complex problems and creates experiences that customers love
- Prioritize design and research opportunities that drive a measurable positive impact on business goals including acquisition, conversion, retention and loyalty
- Build trusting relationships across analytics, engineering, marketing and product
- Guide the team to develop best practices and maintain a high bar on quality
- Reinforce a design thinking culture to build a customer-centric organization
- Recruit, mentor and retain best-in-class talent
- 5+ years managing design teams for digital products
- 7+ years experience as a UI/UX Designer or Product Designer
- Experience managing design processes, leading design projects, crafting design systems, working through complex user flows and shipping products that are beautiful and intuitive
- Experience attracting and hiring design and research talent
- Deep commitment to growing the skills and career of your team
- Proven track record of influencing the product strategy through your team’s work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to travel domestically < 10%
- BA/BS degree in product design, graphic design, or related experience
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.