Since 2016, Provi has been simplifying the beverage ordering process for bars and restaurants all across the country. We’ve worked alongside some of the greatest bar managers, beverage directors, general managers, and other industry professionals to build a platform that alleviates the pain of ordering alcohol. Once and for all.
Today we’re a well-funded, hungry team with an amazing culture. We’re changing a $240 billion industry that is ripe and ready for innovation. Sound like something you’d want to be part of?
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Provi encourages you to go ahead and apply for the job!
At Provi, user experiences are paramount. We believe that simple and elegant interfaces directly impact the success of our business from customer retention metrics to growth and monetization strategies. Design is not an afterthought. As the Director of Design at Provi, you will lead -- and grow -- a team of dynamic product and visual designers through a time of explosive business growth. With a product North Star of retailer happiness, the product, design and engineering teams strive to deliver consumer-app-quality experiences -- even in a B2B context. As the guardian of all aspects of design on Provi, from UX and UI within the app to branding on customer-facing marketing materials, you will be the steward of that philosophy throughout the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Team Building: Lead, manage and grow an empowered team of product and visual designers as they design incredible experiences across our three user segments -- retailers, distributors and suppliers.
- Collaborating: Be a thought partner to Product, Engineering and Operational leaders to build amazing and thoughtful customer-facing experiences.
- Initially, a Player-Coach: Work with a team of engineers, product managers and other designers to design, prototype and launch innovative solutions that meet the needs of customers -- retailers, alcohol distributors and suppliers -- and business goals.
- Defining Process: Formally define the user research function and design process at Provi and grow our current discovery and design practices.
- Branding: Work closely with Marketing to define Provi’s brand positioning and presence and build design guidelines around that positioning.
- User Research: Intake user feedback -- both qualitative (user research studies, surveys, and focus groups) and quantitative (onboarding funnels, usage trends) -- to identify new feature sets and iterations on existing functionality.
- Be adaptable and flexible. This is a fast-paced startup; the only constant is change.
- Be both a teacher and student to your peers in the product team and within the organization. Help the product team as a whole continue to improve. Help facilitate and maintain our team dynamic: open, encouraging, productive. Lead with empathy.
- Above all strive to make the Provi team, business and product great.
What we are looking for:
- At least 10 years of experience in product design with 5 years leading and growing teams. You have a track record of growing individuals in their careers and developing design processes and brand voice. Startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of marketplaces and commerce-related products (payments, advertising, merchandising and more).
- Strong visual design and user interface background.
- Experience with mobile/responsive design.
- Experience working within and contributing to a design system.
- Experience working with marketing teams on brand positioning and style guidelines.
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well with a portfolio or case studies of projects you've spearheaded.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the grit to turn uncertainty into action.
What’s in it for you
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Room to grow: Provi is growing fast and you should too. Learn and develop with us.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Commuter Benefits, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program. Very generous PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Energy at work: We are remote now but when we return, work out of our amazing office in River North with snacks, drinks, happy hours, etc.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
We’re on a rocketship. And we’re only going up! Working at Provi is a chance to take your career to the next level. By joining the company now, you’re getting an opportunity to grow as we grow. And, personal growth opportunities are limitless here. If you can dream it, you’re given the tools you need so you can do it. We wouldn’t be where we are today without our talented team who continually drive our product, company and culture forward.