Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
Director of Product Experience Design
We’re seeking a product experience design leader to own the vision and design of all product user experiences at project44. You'll be both a player and a coach, managing other designers while designing for critical cross-functional projects end-to-end. Come join us in radically changing the global logistics and supply chain industry!
Responsibilities: What you’ll do
- Manage a team of product designers and technical writers, coaching, mentoring, and helping grow their careers.
- Work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment with Product Managers, Engineers and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible experience for our shippers, carriers, and their customers.
- Tackle complex problems and clearly articulate your solutions to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Design workflows and detailed interactions that bring those ideas to life through sketches, wireframes, prototypes and hi-fidelity visual design.
- Make sound design decisions with qualitative and quantitative data as well as have the know-how to acquire that data.
Requirements: The experience you should have
- 8+ years designing exceptional digital products with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user research, UX, UI and visual design, and the willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly. Experience with data-rich enterprise B2B applications a plus.
- 3+ years managing designers and an eagerness to coach and mentor.
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process and experience running design within an Agile/Scrum process.
- Able to think through a complex set of constraints and find intuitive solutions that delight users, and as well as the ability to design for business outcomes while remaining customer focused.
- A thorough understanding of responsive design, UI component libraries, living design systems and modern browser technologies. Experience with native iOS and Android platforms a plus.
- Experience in high growth tech startups during the scaling phases.
- Has executive presence and has worked closely with executive leadership in prior roles.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.