Director of UX Design
Director of UX Design
Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. More than 11 years later, that spirit still defines our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a passionate Director of UX Design. Is it you?
You have a passion for solving complex problems through design thinking, and consistently strive to improve your work. As a visionary and systems-level design thinker, you can provide leadership to a team of designers and direction for a portfolio of products. Finally, you get excited by the challenge of integrating artificial intelligence into products while balancing a user’s trust.
Here’s what a Director of UX Design does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Lead and mentor the design team
- Own and drive a design roadmap for all of our products
- Use data and feedback to inform better designs with the goal of continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively with our Product teams to deliver experiences that will revolutionize benefits guidance and gain the trust of the user
- Change the way people work through design thinking, and develop experiences using AI, machine learning, and mobile technology
- Develop user profiles and workflows through usability testing
- Rapidly prototype new concepts for short design-iteration loops
- Participate in documentation development processes, such as user experience specifications, testing, and evaluation
You bring a lot to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Visual Design, Interaction Design, Human Interaction Sociology, Psychology, or related disciplines
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build compelling experiences
- Demonstration of any projects you have built
- At least 8 years of visual and interaction design, with 5 years of Experience Design (or equivalent)
- At least 3 years of experience managing design team aptitude
- Background in project management and research
- Experience with WCAG compliance, accessibility standards, and assistive technologies
- Hands-on experience using design software
- Experience designing SaaS products with AI is a plus
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.