Director of UX Design
The Director of UX Design is responsible for the overall UX quality of the One by SMS Assist product from user flows to screen views. The Director of UX Design will impact the team by directly building user flows or screen views and/or by reviewing the work done by others. They are responsible for understanding all our customers (Clients, Affiliates, and Operations Specialists) and applying that understanding to the design of our products.
- In collaboration with product management and engineering, evaluate user requirements and translate concepts into intuitive user experiences for both mobile and desktop
- Lead and execute the full design process from concept development to wireframes to high-fidelity UX designs
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions with minimal guidance. Share and seek adoption of these solutions for company-wide impact.
- Manage multiple design projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Augment designs with user stories, acceptance criteria, and flow diagrams optimized to support all One by SMS Assist users
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate all designs
- Participate in client workshops to understand requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Coordinate user research to help inform short and long-term decisions and help create user journey maps.
- Present work to executive level management.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Assist with creating and updating marketing materials
- Proactively assess and recommend improvements to the user experience.
- Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization.
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes
- Confident decision making
- Sets and meets deadlines
- Strong leader, coach and mentor
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field
- 5 – 7 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role
- Proven track record in solving a variety of complex interactive customer problems, for desktop and mobile, for diverse populations of high-volume users, with demonstrable improvements to the user experience
- Ability to rapidly prototype and create a variety of design ideas
- Knowledgeable of best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and responsive design
- Immense knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Travel requirements: Travel Expected up to 20% of the time
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience as a user interface /UX designer for customer-facing (B2B or B2C) products on web and mobile
- Ability to create responsive interactive prototypes with Axure, Balsamiq, JustinMind, Invision, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and other design tools.
- Visual design and UI writing abilities
- Program or product management working with local and remote teams.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.