Director of UX, ServiceNow.com at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The ServiceNow website represents who we are and what we sell. Its mission: Provide an intuitive, engaging, relevant digital experience that empowers customers. ServiceNow is the defining enterprise technology provider of the 21st century, and our site should be the defining enterprise web experience.
The Director of UX is an innovative, visionary leader with extensive web and mobile experience. They are responsible for delivering a world-class experience that amplifies our brand, enables users, maximizes engagement, and tells the transformative stories of our solutions. The director will define and drive the future of servicenow.com UX, leading a team of designers, content strategists, writers, and researchers who work closely with product, brand, and marketing. They are a seasoned manager who is passionate about coaching and developing their team.
The ideal candidate has managed end-to-end UX for a top online presence with a track record of delivering high-performing digital experiences. They are comfortable working in a high-growth, rapid-change environment that follows an Agile development process. They are fully grounded in research-driven, customer-focused UX and speak fluently to data analysts, site developers, and brand. They have extensive expertise in research methodologies, content best practices, responsive design, and design systems.
- Manage a growing team of UX and visual designers, content strategists, researchers, copywriters, and UX engineers responsible for a modern web experience for global customers, prospects, and other audiences.
- Be a thought leader for the UX vision and strategy, partnering closely with cross-functional leaders across the company.
- Partner with product management and engineering on a rigorous, value-driven roadmap prioritized against business goals and level of effort. Develop scalable processes and solutions to meet growth requirements.
- Build a data-driven research and strategy practice that centers user needs and drives to business outcomes.
- Ensure a harmonious integration of our brand into the digital experience, creating a seamless brand identity for customers across all touchpoints.
- Evangelize UX best practices and strategy to partners and stakeholders.
- Inspire a culture of creativity, design thinking, and content excellence.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in the fields of visual design, cognitive or experimental psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, or related disciplines.
- 15+ overall work exp with 10+ years of UX experience, preferably in top-tier medium or large B2B enterprises.
- 5+ years of sourcing and managing UX professionals, including agency engagement.
- Deep experience leading digital UX projects from concept to completion, with a strong working knowledge of responsive web design, digital branding, and human-centered design, including information architecture, content strategy, and messaging frameworks.
- Knowledge of Agile processes and principles and how to implement across UX, design, and development.
- Skilled at collaborating with a cross-functional team to solve complex business problems while removing ambiguity, building consensus, and gaining influence.
- Strong command of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Understanding of localization requirements and global standards for digital accessibility and data privacy.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills, and demonstration of a high level of initiative, executive presence, and a “make it work” ethos.
- Empathetic leader who takes an active role in the professional development of their team.
- Proficiency with AEM (or a similar CMS), Figma, Miro, and other design and research tools.
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases your expertise and fit for this role, with a track record of translating customer needs and business goals into project plans and resource estimates
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.