Director of Workplace Design (Global)
At Morningstar, designers play an integral role in how we build our products, visualize data, and reinforce the Morningstar brand. Thoughtful design shapes everything from our user-friendly products to our communications and workplace environments worldwide. Workplace Design seeks to continually evolve our design approach to solving the problems of how the workplace can best express brand, inspire creativity and community and deliver alignment with overall business needs. We believe in workplaces that are bright, open and built with quality natural materials with sustainable practices. We need someone who’s got a passion for tracking design trends and a great editor’s eye for crafting a program that’s right for Morningstar.
Workplace Design’s role is to
• Direct the Workplace Design program for new offices and renovations to existing offices;
• Ensure alignment of business needs, brand and culture with the workplace to enable our people to perform at their peak.
• Provide documentation and guidance for process and methodology governance, standards and guidelines, and tracks measurable results.
• Create design solutions that help attract and retain top talent, supports wellbeing of staff, optimizes our real estate and delivers value for investment.
• Lead workplace design process from concept to execution across various internal stakeholders and with outside (outsourced) professional services and contractors.
• Procure and manage various global outsourced (and internal, when applicable) project management teams providing guidance on architectural/workplace design activities, ensuring all new-built or renovation works follow the company’s approved design guidelines.
• Coordinate and manage various global consultant teams who provide planning services for all sizes of projects from moves and changes through to office relocations.
• Support local teams, including operational executives and managers, in implementing planning concepts, workplace design guidelines and policies.
• Work closely and effectively with other internal stakeholders: location strategy team, business owners and team managers.
• The role reports into the Head of Design and works daily with Head of Global Facilities and other stakeholders.
• Excellent project management qualifications for managing complete process for corporate interior design projects.
• Proficient in interior space planning, architectural design, construction processes, furniture fixture specification and procurement practices, and quality control.
• Proven organizational skills, ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines, provide excellent service to clients and deliver on-brand design solutions that also address financial and planning objectives.
• Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex information to internal stakeholders and facilitate timely decision making.
• Ability to work collaboratively with both consultant and internal teams and work with a flexible approach and the ability to adapt to changing conditions and priorities.
• Experience working internationally and an understanding of practices across global markets preferred.
• Understanding of current workplace design, planning and construction trends.
• Basic to advanced AutoCAD skills.
• Moderate to frequent travel shall be required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in architecture, interior design, and/or workplace strategy.
• LEED AP or WELL AP certifications are advantageous.
Morningstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer