Experience Designer (Chicago, IL)
We are currently seeking an Experience Designer to join our In-Person Experience design team. We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering innovative, world-class products that redefine our customers day-to-day financial activities. This team experiments with providing revolutionary and innovative ways for serving our customers in our physical locations. You'll be responsible for designing digital experiences, physical spaces, self-service banking machines, and associate tools and processes that reimagine what banking looks like.
The Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers' digital and physical experiences. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you.
What You'll Do:
You'll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
Collaboration & Connection
- Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs, then translating them into engaging, simple, and intuitive design solutions and understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product interface and experience
- Advocating for the customer through human centered design methods, including: discovery, research, ideation, whiteboard sessions, and user testing
- Supporting design-led workshops to engage and build alignment across different partners and teams
- Proactively offers recommendation and solutions by championing prioritization of design centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Connecting with design community peers in service of learning, sharing, and teaching
- Working with partners and teams across various geographies
- Embracing and advocating for an experience mindset - this is as important to the work as the results
Discovery & Delivery
- Supporting early product definition by working with partners to participate in discovery sessions that uncover customer pain points and opportunities
- Demonstrating familiarity with design tools to deliver concepts and enable successful collaboration across teams
- Participate in end-to-end product design by:
- Working with researchers to understand customer needs and define opportunities through usability and empathy studies
- Framing problems, determining insights, and defining visual designs to serve customer needs
- Creating process and user flows, wireframes, journey maps, and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes
- Designing within existing - and creating new - standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
- Supporting effective storytelling and presentation of visual concepts to various stakeholders
- Creating high fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
- At least 3 years of experience within Service/UX and UI design leading projects from scoping to production delivery
- Designing for cross-channel and platform experiences
- Excel working with Product and Tech partners, including sharing design thinking methodology and design work
- Comfortable presenting work to large audiences and stakeholders
- Experience working within a large Enterprise environment and collaborating with a cross-functional team
- Experience planning, executing, synthesizing, and presenting research with actionable next steps and recommendations
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools, such as: Adobe Products, Figma. CAD tools a plus
- Experience designing in multiple channels, including: iOS, Android, Web
- Familiarity with working and occasionally contributing to an established design system
- Familiarity with physical prototyping and spatial design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $131,400 - $150,000 for Pr. Associate, Design; $112,400 - $128,300 for Sr. Associate, Design
Location is San Francisco, California: $139,200 - $158,900 for Pr. Associate, Design; $119,100 - $135,900 for Sr. Associate, Design
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).