The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere with ever-changing priorities. You will be able to work successfully with a variety of internal stakeholders and occasionally external vendors. In this role, you will work closely with our Design Managers and Senior Graphic Designers to design and develop innovative and strategic campaigns, packaging, marketing and sales assets to visually tell the brand story of our products through visual design. As part of the Consumer Products Marketing team, the Graphic Designer will create designs across a range of mediums, included but not limited to: packaging, print, point-of-sale, social media, sales collateral, websites, and animation.
The ideal candidate for GTI will not only be strong and versatile in design & technical skills, but also have experience creating animations and visual graphic effects in using Adobe After Effects (or similar applications) and a desire to continue to build upon that skill set. You must be able to communicate ideas effectively and work well in a team environment. This role requires the willingness to understand/learn state-specific regulatory requirements for the cannabis industry.
- Provide marketing design work across multiple mediums on a variety of projects, from social media assets to sales collateral, swag to point-of-sale displays, animations to packaging, and more.
- Create multiple design options that meet (or exceed) provided creative briefs; consulting with fellow designers and brand managers for collaboration and feedback throughout the process.
- Manage multiple projects and work with multiple disciplines at one time.
- Ensure brand consistency across multiple assets, work with multiple identities concurrently.
- Actively contribute to the creative process during team meetings by asking questions, voicing opinions, and thoughtfully interacting with the team to creatively problem-solve for the task at hand. • Organize and maintain digital files.
- Carry a design through the entire project process, making revisions or creating new versions as needed in order to fulfill the brief’s deliverables; preparing assets to be handed off to Production based on Production guidelines.
- Follow and implement provided state guidelines and requirements on all materials.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Graphic Design; either within an Ad agency, Design studio, or in-house marketing team experience preferred
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator)
- Intermediate proficiency with After Effects (or similar animation/vfx application), Microsoft applications, and project management applications
- A strong interest in animation and visual effects (vfx)
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry