RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating visual concepts for RedShelf’s digital and offline media. As part of the marketing team, the Graphic Designer supports the B2B and B2C initiatives of RedShelf including but not limited to: sales support documents, social media assets, in-house projects, email design, and videos.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design all marketing collateral, i.e. banner ads, print materials, web pages, trade show materials, email marketing assets, and demo videos
- Work with marketing team on a brand redesign and guide the creative strategy for the overall look-and-feel of the company's brand and product suite
- Create and edit videos for social media and product training
- Edit and build responsive web pages
- Meets quality standards for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in creative design concepts, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks
- Ensures designs are within the specifications and concepts determined by the Director of Marketing
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Proficient in CSS/ HTML and UX/ UI standards
- A trained design eye with a strong attention to detail
- Video production and editing experience
- Ability to establish and maintain brand standards
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines, accept direction, embrace change while maintaining an open mind, positive attitude, and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity
- Ability to clearly articulate your design recommendations through written, verbal and visual communication
- Ability to identify areas of improvements in creative design concepts, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking, acute attention to detail and self-discipline to review your own work
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an in-house designer, in an agency setting, or similar fast-paced, demanding environment with moderate supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design preferred or equivalent creative art background with design capabilities
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.