Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating visual concepts and assets that effectively capture and re-enforce the RedShelf brand, and for establishing and monitoring adherence to visual brand guidelines and standards. As part of the marketing team, the Graphic Designer supports both B2B and B2C marketing and communications initiatives, designing and producing wide-ranging creative products, from websites and digital assets to print collateral and signage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the VP of Marketing and collaborating closely with the Managers of Marketing, Communications, and eCommerce & Lead Generation, assist with execution of the annual marketing plan, serving as RedShelf’s creative design and production lead.
- Establish and document global brand visual guidelines (e.g. overarching brand look and feel, color palette, fonts, etc.), and provide ongoing oversight of organizational communications and creative assets to ensure consistent adherence to those guidelines.
- Design and lead production of wide-ranging creative assets including:
- Promotional emails
- Pitch decks
- Print collateral
- Point of sale materials
- Tradeshow booths
- Print and digital ads
- Social media assets
- Direct mail pieces
- Promotional items
- Ensure high quality standards for all assigned deliverables and proactively recommend improvements in creative concepts, tools, and processes to continually advance organizational and brand success.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines and budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an in-house designer, in an agency setting, or working in a similar fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining schedules and adhering to production budgets.
- Proactivity, adaptability, openness to feedback and experimentation, and enthusiasm.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Proficiency in CSS/ HTML and UX/ UI standards
- Video production and editing experience
- Ability to effectively articulate rationale behind design recommendations through written, verbal, and visual communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design (preferred) or equivalent and proven creative art background
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Familiarity with the higher education landscape, and appreciation of the advances in educational technology, course materials, and digital publishing.
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment.
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.