About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing creative marketing materials across all channels for
the Illinois Lottery portfolio brand. The Graphic Designer will collaborate and work cross-functionally with the Brand Management, eCommerce/Digital, and external agency partners to ensure executional success. Critical to the success of this role is the ability to work independently, conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and have expert understanding of design programs, typography, communication strategy and copywriting.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Graphic Design or related field
- 3-year minimum experience as a Graphic Designer in the marketing industry (client-side and/or media/creative agency environment preferred)
- Must have experience designing for both print and digital channels
- Highly Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Experience with PowerPoint and Keynote is preferred
- Ability to code emails, troubleshoot and edit HTML is preferred
- Experience working within a web content management system (CMS) is preferred
- Understanding of printing process, digital, photography, illustration and typography preferred
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that processes, projects and interactions with stakeholders are
consistently engaging and enlightening.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously, prioritize tasks and work well within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and work out complex situations
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, proofreading and editing skills
- Fosters open, honest and direct communication while maintaining sensitivity to confidential information
- Demonstrates professional maturity and a genuine desire and passion for the Lottery business
- Candidate will work closely with colleagues in marketing and across the organization and should be able
to lead a review process efficiently and effectively
- Candidate will be a creative and innovative thinker, results-oriented and comfortable working within
a collaborative environment
- Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Exposure to creative development with a base understanding of the process from concept development through execution
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.