Head of Experience Design
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we're driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we're creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Head of Design to manage, build, and inspire a multidisciplinary design team that delivers world-class products and customer experiences. In collaboration with other leaders in the ShopRunner organization, the Head of Experience Design will define the vision, mission and goals for the team.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create a shared Design vision with product, engineering, marketing and other key partners within the organization.
- Establishes processes and practices for realizing that vision
- Define overall design principles for the company, and ensure they are being adhered to across all bodies of work
- Effectively build and manage a talented, multi-disciplinary team of designers across product, visual, and research
- Partner with marketing and engineering to ensure experience and brand consistency across B2C and B2B interactions; develop a robust, living Design System
- Elevate design as a strategic partner by aligning teams to customer-focused OKRs that drive increased TTM, LTV and deliver a compelling set of products for both retailers and consumers.
- Scale teams to support the demands of the organization and customer needs, leverating third parties / freelance opportunistically.
- Represent the needs, desires, and challenges of the ShopRunner customer (retailer and shopper) throughout the organization
- Educate and ensure ShopRunner’s designers, at all levels and disciplines, are applying Human-Centered Design principles
- Foster a highly collaborative environment amongst the design team
- Develop hiring practices applicable to all levels of experience
- Provide Design team opportunities and clear path to grow within the organization
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5 years of experience leading a team of designers and working with product managers and developers in an agile environment
- Experience establishing strong relationships across an organization. You don’t ask your team to do something you wouldn’t do yourself
- 10+ years of experience as a visual or interaction designer
- Experience inspiring a team and helping to grow their skills as designers
- Experience setting KPIs and using data to define design success to leadership teams
- Track record of launching impactful products from concept to delivery
- Application of lean/agile product development methodologies -- identifying value, defining hypotheses and measuring experiments
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with peers and senior management
- Deep knowledge of responsive techniques and the device landscape
- Entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- A bachelor’s degree in interaction design, HCI or related UX degree is ideal
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.