Head of User Experience at Kin Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:27 a.m. (CST) on Monday, December 14, 2020
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Interninsurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is changing home insurance to what it should be because customers deserve better. It’s that obsession with customer experience that lies at the heart of this role. Our Head of User Experience will own and drive our product design vision, user research, and future growth of the UX and design teams. From owning the Kin brand to being the ultimate advocate for the customer, the Head of UX will shape the customer journey across all facets of our business.
A day in the life could include:
- Creating product designs that meet business needs and solve customer problems as an integrated part of the development team
- Developing a UX vision and principles that can be applied across all aspects of the product
- Proactively performing customer research to identify customer pain points and opportunity areas
- Ideating innovative new products and features with internal stakeholders based on customer research
- Ensuring a consistent, delightful experience across the entire customer journey from marketing to purchase to servicing, regardless of channel
- Owning and maintaining Kin UI patterns and design systems across all touch points
- Establishing KPIs for defining the relationship with customers
- Owning the Kin brand, from visual identity to the voice and personality of customer interactions
- Hiring and leading a team of designers and UX staff
- Being the ultimate advocate for the customer
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Successful leadership of UX and design teams for digital B2C companies
- Extensive experience in mobile-first product design, brand, and customer research
- Ability to identify and create the right fidelity of design for the right stage of product development, including prototypes
- Quantitative and qualitative customer research
- Experience generating ideas for A/B testing & experimentation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities change quickly
- Experience designing and conducting moderated and unmoderated testing sessions
- Experience using data and insights to inform design decision making
- Experience making complex and data-heavy products simple and delightful to use (fintech experience is a plus)
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Parental Leave Policy
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description