Head of UX, Design Systems at Paylocity (Remote)
At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies - especially their HR teams - better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture - all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We're a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions - enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The Director of UX - Design Systems is a critical role in our Product and Tech organization. This highly visible role has overall accountability for the product design system, the roadmap and defining KPIs to advance the utilization and adoptions of the system. As the Director of UX Design Systems, your role is to enable the team, and organization, through advanced UI technology and design frameworks to meet our most critical product and experience outcomes.
This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our customers' unmet needs through the power of design systems. This role will enable a culture of innovation and ownership across all of UX - ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient, while still focused on a common outcome. The role will also be tasked with helping to shape how Product partners with UX and will be responsible for scaling a UX team to support a growing organization.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Creative thinker with the ability to implement lightweight processes, artifacts & routines, centered on key objectives in Product, Tech and UX
- Ability to influence across the organization. Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network, without the need for formal authority
- Experience in defining successful technologies and standards for a UX organization including UX KPIs, sprint commitments, systems/technologies-- allowing the design teams to focus their time on designing great products and ensure design has a high bar for quality
- Collaborative, innovative and humble. This role will drive connective tissue for cross functional initiatives, in an organization that is designed for speed
- Determined and willing to experiment, embracing constant feedback loops
- Leader who focuses on aligning the right processes and technologies to a high performing UX team
- Creates a clear path of success for UX design teams as they partner with Product and Tech
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Relates well to all levels of the organization, up, down, and across, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations with ease
- Effectively manages change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture and learn from the direction taken
- Identify, develop, and articulate the appropriate technologies, outcomes, and UX goals to approach key Product & Tech initiatives; develop the overall strategy to enable an agile environment to deliver on large scale missions
- Be the strategic designs systems leader responsible delivering seamless support to Product Teams, and User Experience
- Work collaboratively across the organization to drive adoption and utilization of the design system
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility, operational excellence, and high performance that will foster the attraction, development, and retention of excellent UX talent
- Be responsible for developing, monitoring, and executing design systems vision focused on generating iterative improvements to our overall user experience
- Demonstrable work experience with technology company, including as a UX people manager and design systems leader. Have led critical programs that work across all areas of the organization and help to build a strategic alignment that supports Product and Technology roadmaps
- Compelling leadership style that includes extraordinary people, business and technology expertise with a style that inspires and demonstrates confidence
- Experience leading UX Design Systems, KPI and UX Vision
- Possess a blend of business acumen and a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
- Experience working in a matrix environment collaborating with product owners, software engineers, test engineers and other technical roles
- Previous experience in leadership roles working in a fast-paced environment
- Domain experience with Payroll, HR, Time & Attendance, Benefits, and Data Integration solutions, a plus (interest in developing and maintaining this expertise, an absolute must)
- A proven track record of defining design systems outcomes and then delivering on those to drive consistency and cohesion of the user experience
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $152,295 - $223,233 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined?here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via?www.paylocity.com/careers.