Industrial Design Associate
As a member of the new product development team the Industrial Design Associate will bring a contagious energy and enthusiasm to deliver innovative holistic solutions that solve consumers everyday challenges. A passion for cooking and all things food is a huge plus as this role provides the opportunity to harness design abilities and apply them to deliver game changing housewares innovation. This person must be comfortable with ambiguity, intellectually curious, and excel working collaboratively. An ability to understand consumer insights and hunger to develop holistic consumer experiences is a tremendous asset.
- Support the design team with any design related task including but not limited to, quick ideation sketches, mockups, presentation renderings, product animations, presentation materials, prototype preparation, organization/facilitation of ideation sessions.
- An ability to develop holistic solutions founded on user insights that are exclusive, unique, engaging, and demonstrable.
- Translate consumer insights, consultant needs, trends, business needs and other constraints into actionable detailed product design solutions that are evolutionary to revolutionary.
- Ability to execute in a pragmatic way.
- Provide input and assist the up-front industrial design efforts, aesthetic direction, colors & finishes and functional solutions for all products within the designated product categories.
- Create prototypes for simple idea communication as well as fully functional test pieces to prove out new designs.
- Participate in communication with suppliers and work through debug issues with new items.
- Communicates effectively
- Manages ambiguity
- Manages complexity
- Optimizes work
Measure of Success:
- Product development milestones
- New product revenue
- Gross Profit/consultants
Education and Experience:
- BFA/BA/BD degree or equivalent in Industrial/Product Design or related skill with 0-3 years product design and development experience (concept ID through 3D to tooling and launch).
- Ability to create desirable product solutions with a high level of aesthetics that delivers key functionality.
- Key contributor for trend, colors, materials, and finishes application to products and product lines.
- High preforming cross functional collaborator.