Instructional Designer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Instructional Designer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As an Instructional Design Specialist for the Medical Education team, you will build our clinical learning courses. You will be responsible for the design and development of engaging, learner-centered courses and materials in a variety of formats including traditional classroom-based instruction, synchronous remote learning, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning, microlearning, videos, webinars, podcasts, job aides, simulation, and resource materials. You will have the ability to create courses from scratch, as well as optimize existing ones.
How you can make a difference
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create innovative, interactive, and efficient educational/training programs incorporating multiple learning formats
- Structure course content and create engaging learning activities that enhances retention and knowledge transfer
- Work with subject matter experts to identify instructional end goals and create content that meets them
- Partner with team leads to determine and recommend the proper approach to design, develop, and implement learning deliverables.
- Storyboard and visualize instructional graphics, the user experience, and the finished product
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods to provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (agendas, schedules, trainer and participant guides, audio, video, simulations, role plays, job aids, etc)
- Decide on the criteria used to evaluate learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Write scripts and talking points for facilitators in eLearning modules and videos.
- Maintain course and project documentation
- Gather, review, and create summaries of the training evaluations.
Skills for success
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design models
- You are skilled at creating high level, engaging learning experiences and are knowledgeable in assessments and evaluation methods
- Strong communication skills with consistent and timely follow up
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to multitask and deliver quality projects
- Experience working with clinical and technical subject matter experts
- Develop innovative approaches that incorporate industry trends and best practices.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly.
- A low ego and optimistic outlook.
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s degree degree in instructional design, adult education or similar
- 3-5 years’ experience in instructional/curriculum design preferably in the healthcare industry
- Proficiency with Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia and at least one Learning Management System
- Lesson and curriculum planning experience for multiple formats including ILT, VILT and eLearning.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with multimedia development/editing software (e.g., image, audio, video editing, animation) a plus
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, facilitator and participant guides, audio scripts/video scripts for varied target audiences.
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.