Instructional Designer at GoHealth (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Our Instructional Designers help solve business problems through learning and development. As a member of our Instructional Design team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining curricula and programs used to train employees in a variety of functions. Conducts needs assessments, selects instructional models, and designs instructional content. The scope of responsibilities also includes development of instructional materials in consultation with subject matter experts. Curates content and teaches experts how to generate and share content. Ensures that instructional programs are effectively implemented. Evaluates content and adjusts as required. Conducts standard to moderately complex instructional design project.
The Instructional Designer will oversee the design of agent and leadership development training programs with measurable performance outcomes. These programs and learning approaches will align with our needs and remain in tune with GoHealth’s sales-driven culture. This is a growing department and your expertise on developing training programs will have an impact on the growth of 2,000+ sales agents. This is a great role for someone that enjoys seeing their work being implemented throughout a growing company. You will report to the Instructional Design Manager.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Act as a learning consultant to the business by identifying gaps and recommending learning solutions
- Collaborate with subject matter professionals on course design and development to translate business content into learner-centered experiences
- Determine training programs effectiveness and suggest improvements
- Apply current instructional design theory and best practices to create effective learning and training products.
- Work with subject matter experts and clients to collect necessary information to design and develop education solutions
- Design and develop highly effective training curriculum that adheres to current instructional design theory, adult learning principles, and best practices
- Create blended learning solutions, including e-learnings, microlearnings, simulations, gamification, facilitator and participant guides, process documentation, infographics, and coaching and job aids
- Collaborate with leadership team and business subject matter experts to design large-scale, engaging learning that enhances business performance, with minimal support
- Review and continuously improve existing training content based on feedback from agents and sales leadership
- Design and develop learning for continuing education program that addresses business needs to ensure KPI and metrics are met
- Build assessments that gauge if critical skills and competencies are met
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years instructional design experience
- Experience using e-Learning software to create learning experiences (Rise, Storyline, and/or Captivate)
- Be able to work cross functionally with our internal and external resources in order to develop project deliverables.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and organization skills
- Ability to translate complex information into easily understandable content
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer