Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
About the Team
You could be part of a team that is rated among the highest in quality in our industry. Made up of production, instructional design and quality assurance, our Learning Design team inspires, engages and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. Our highly collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in innovative and compelling ways to create innovative graduate-level courses for our university partners. We're growing and adding new programs to our portfolio which necessitates adding a new Instructional Designer to our team.
This position is located in the Chicago Loop near Ogilvie and Union Stations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is motivated by a passion to create outstanding learning experiences
- Has a demonstrated track record creating engaging, effective online programs, courseware or products
- Is an excellent and patient communicator, comfortable communicating with university professors, curriculum developers, and academic technologists
- Has experience and is comfortable working with a wide range of academic content
- Is a natural collaborator, but is capable and comfortable moving projects forward and driving results with empathy for the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Wants to build and be part of a great team, doing a great thing
- Has a curious and creative mindset – enjoys change!
- Design and build assigned courses, creating innovative online courses that meet the quality specifications of our partner faculty and meet the deadlines of the Production Schedule
- Communicate with faculty at our partner universities, guiding them in course development
- Collaborate with faculty to adjust content for available delivery methods to support desired learning outcomes, moving from a high level course plan to a detailed course design format
- Collaborate with a team of online course producers to produce and/or source multimedia learning objects (video, audio, interactive objects, simulations, etc.)
- Participate in the refinement of frameworks, templates, and prototypes for course design
- Collaborate to determine course-level assessment models and build appropriate assessment into individual courses
- Participate in the creation of Instructional Design team development materials, such as training, pedagogy, academic technology, multimedia production, accessibility, research, etc.
- Support faculty in course revisions using a continual improvement process.
- Travel to partner university locations occasionally. upon supervisor’s request
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Earned Master’s degree firmly required, preferably in instructional design, curriculum and instruction, educational technology, or human-computer interaction
- 2-4 years’ outstanding work experience in instructional design, learning design, or academic technology
- Demonstrated expertise in course design principles and practices
- Experience designing courses using varied delivery models and the full range of multi-media content delivery tools and techniques
- Superior ability with computers and software required; LMS experience preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to hit challenging deadlines while creating high quality work
- Has experience leading people and/or processes to successful results
- Has experience writing scripts and building story board to communicate multimedia ideas
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.