JR CREATIVE DESIGNER
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented designer with a well-rounded portfolio to join the team and hit the ground running. The Centro Creative Services team handles a diverse range of design projects for both external and internal customers alike. Excellent problem solving and time management skills are a must with the wide variety of requests that come across our desks. Strong pop culture knowledge isn’t required, but it is a plus. If this sounds like your cup of tea then we’d love to meet you!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro’s Creative Services team supports a number of departments across the company and handles a challenging mixture of digital and traditional requests. Our core responsibility is the production, creation, adjustment and development of various ad executions in the digital advertising landscape. We also support internal departments with creative requests that span anywhere from presentation design to branding for internal programs and initiatives. We’re a tight knit group that genuinely enjoy each other’s company and we’re looking for a new member!
- Experience working on online creative, preferably online display ads, is mandatory. To do this job well you need a working knowledge of the challenges and tricks for getting creative online in the best way possible.
- We like a little hustle and a lot of accuracy, so we’re looking for someone who can keep a great pace and make little to no mistakes while doing it.
- Centro is a culture of people who look out for and help each other, regardless of task. Ideally the best candidate will be willing to help and contribute in any way they can for that purpose.
- Adjust existing ad units to resize, optimize, alter copy, images, timing, recode, rethink or recycle as necessary.
- Support internal company requests and projects.
- Use existing ads and assets to create the additional sizes needed to complete a campaign.
- Be a prolific problem solver. We have multiple projects with unique needs that come through everyday. We'll need you to think on your feet and work fast while doing it.
- Work closely with the Director of Production & Design and team to collaborate and find the best creative solutions for a wind variety of projects.
- Learn! This is an ever-changing industry. You'll need to be willing to dive into new software, platforms and a dash of code with zest.
- 2+ years of hands on online experience at a digitally focused ad agency, major publisher, or ad technology company
- 1-2 years working in a high performing, fast paced sales or client services organization
- BA or equivalent in design
- Can troubleshoot most issues that may arise with minimal guidance
- Experience building all types of standard and rich media units
- Great technical skills in the Adobe Creative Suite — specifically Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and a good working knowledge of . HTML, CSS and JS experience welcome. Experience in Google Web Designer is a plus.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.