We built the simplest and most reliable screen recorder in the world, but that’s only the beginning. Our near future is full of ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of delightful interactions we’re known for. We’re looking for a curious, ambitious, and empathetic Junior UX Designer to help us design the future of our products.Why is this role special?
- Design products that will advance education. Schools and districts around the world depend on Screencastify to digitize their curriculum and communication. The need for and benefit of video-based learning has never been more clear that it is now.
- Have a massive impact. As part of a small Product Design team you will be instrumental in the design of every feature and product that we release — every one of which will be seen and used by millions of people.
- Work with an extremely talented team. In 2020, our team grew from less than 10 to over 50 employees and we still achieve results similar to companies 5x our headcount.
- Work for our users. Above all else, you will be an advocate for our massive user base and will get to know their voices and stories better than most people in the company.
- Join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
RequirementsWhat you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Product team and UX Designer to extend initial designs into high fidelity mockups that address all possible product states
- Coordinate with Product Managers to ensure a successful transfer of mockups/design criteria to engineers.
- QA UI and UX of all product updates before release to ensure alignment with designs and style guide.
- Prepare and present designs to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Conduct user interviews and observations to improve product functionality.
- Collaborate with our UX Designer to push boundaries in creating compelling and thoughtful design solutions
- Are fresh out of UX bootcamp or have have 1+ years designing user interfaces and have a design portfolio to show for it
- Are extremely detail oriented and organized
- Are excited about data-driven design and prioritizing user needs
- Are passionate about creating awesome user experiences that push beyond function
- Have experience with Sketch or Adobe XD (Invision and Zeplin are a plus)
- Can internalize a design aesthetic and make it your own
- Care about the business implications of anything you design. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line
- Love the challenges, hours, and ups-and-downs of startup life
- Are flexible, dedicated, and curious
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.