At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
About the project44 Design Team
project44 has a multidisciplinary design team that acts as a silver thread running throughout the business and product. From brand, to product, to user research, and design systems, we use design to differentiate and position ourselves as the market leader. We start every project with customer research, and ensure that we're proud of everything we ship. Our team plays a vital role that ensures we focus on the right problems, craft creative solutions, and deliver gorgeous experiences to our customers.
The Product Design team advocates for our customers and works alongside Product, Engineering, and Growth to deliver the best solutions and experiences. You will report to the Director of Product Design and work alongside other Product Designers, as well as colleagues from Product, Engineering, and Brand teams.
You’ll join as a Senior Product Designer owning the development of project44's design system, Manifest. Working as the bridge between design and engineering, you’ll champion accessibility, scalability, and cohesiveness. As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for the full design systems lifecycle, from owning our design language, content guidelines, and collaborating with our global design team on evolving the system to working with our top-notch UX Engineers on component api design.
This role in particular is focused on product designers with past experience contributing to and working directly on a design system.
You should feel comfortable leading design initiatives, advocating for our users, and being the voice of design throughout the organization. We’d love to see you apply if you have a background in owning product experiences end-to-end and growing culture at your design team.
- Getting to reimagine the world of global logistics — replacing complex, legacy systems with a modern, delightful experience for every persona involved
- Impacting the ways your favorite brands and stores manage their supply chains
- A strong design culture, where talking to customers is the start of any project
- Building for the long term by expanding our design and brand systems
- Close collaboration with product management and engineering
- A fun, upbeat, and fast-paced team to work with spread across the globe
- While this role does not require any coding or web development, technical knowledge is expected — you will be the voice of design in rooms of engineers and the voice of engineers in rooms of designers
- Working knowledge of react and how modern components are designed and built is critical to success in this role
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS standards ensure that you will be able to hold a technical conversation with senior frontend engineers and collaborate effectively
- Your track record in building successful products — with a diverse portfolio to show how you contributed to those teams with examples of your product, interaction, and design work
- Strong design chops and experience building for both iOS and Android platforms
- You consistently deliver visually gorgeous UIs and experiences that standout in your industry
- Ability to think in systems
- Consistent use of research / UXR methodologies to define products and guide decision-making
- Flexibility to own the an entire product — from zero to one
- You’ve got a number of years under your belt at a creative agency, technology company, or similar
- Ability to present your work and communicate your design process to the wider organization
- Examples of design leadership and design advocacy throughout your career
We value a hybrid work life — with regular in-person touch points and collaboration. So you'll have the opportunity for occasional travel to collaborate across the tech org.
Our design team is distributed. So we’re happy to have you based in one of our design offices in the United States: New York City, Chicago, Austin, San Francisco, or Portland.
A link to your portfolio (and password, if necessary) or an uploaded PDF portfolio is required to apply.
Diversity & Inclusion
At project44, we're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. As we work to deliver a truly world-class product and experience, we are also intentionally building teams that reflect the unique communities we serve. We’re focused on creating a company where all team members can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We’re building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for, and our journey of becoming a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, where all have a sense of belonging, is shaped through the actions of our leadership, global teams and individual team members. We are resolute in our belief that each team member has an equal responsibility to mold and uphold our culture.
project44 is an equal opportunity employer seeking to enrich our work environment by creating opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above job description you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continue to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we have created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.