Lead Research Advisor (Customer Success)
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies like Lyft, Lenovo, REI, Sonos, and IDEO use dscout to build better products and services. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Lead Research Advisor to join our growing Customer Success team. You will work closely with other Researcher Advisors to design, recruit, and field research projects for dscout’s clients. We conduct research on a wide range of topics including: pet ownership, wearable fitness trackers, holiday shopping, and snacking trends, just to name a few. What’s that mean for you? Every day is different.
This role is a combination of customer success management and research consulting, giving you a chance to make a real difference for dscout’s customers and further your career in the world of consumer research. You are an incredible communicator and a genuine, creative problem-solver. You are the client’s partner in mastering a new digital tool to execute powerful research. Internally, you are our client’s champion in driving larger improvements to the platform and user experience. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Act as a dscout expert to train and educate clients on functionality and methodology
- Consult with clients to provide specific recommendations for their research design
- Assist in running research projects including planning, design, recruiting, fielding and client engagement
- Effectively evaluate research requests and set expectations as appropriate
- Manage 1-3 Research Advisors -- prioritizing workload, coaching on work performance and professional growth
- Work closely with Account Managers to ensure client retention, in addition to assisting with billing and other administrative workflows
- Travel occasionally for onsite visits to train clients and share best practices, as well as gather feedback to bring directly back to our Product team
- Act as a customer advocate by sharing feedback internally to continuously improve dscout’s product offerings
- Provide support and guidance to research participants (who we call “scouts”)
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 4+ years experience in consumer insights, design research or UX research
- 1+ years of experience as a people manager
- BA/BS degree in anthropology, sociology, psychology, marketing, design research, HCI related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading client-facing phone calls and in-person meetings, acting as a representative point of contact for clients or external stakeholders
- Naturally able to strike a balance between friendly and professional in written communications
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under timelines. You consistently meet, and aim to exceed your deadlines.
- Able to work both independently, collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Flexible and eager to learn new things each and every day
- Hard-working and willing to go the extra mile for your teammates and our users
- Genuinely interested in consumer research and technology: you're technically curious, you enjoy learning about new products, and you are fascinated about how things work
- Curious and empathetic to others’ needs and circumstances
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite products, Salesforce (or other CRM software)
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, customer success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, work from home Wednesdays, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play. Read more about our new office space here!
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.