Hello, we're dscout
dscout helps companies better understand the experiences people have with their products and brands in everyday life. Our SaaS video research platform helps our customers gather, manage, share and analyze millions of in-context moments submitted by people around the world.
Why Work with Us?
Inquisitive. Empathetic. Smart. We are a crew of curious humans helping the world's most beloved brands become more customer-centric. If this gets you excited, we'd love to hear from you!
An Insider's view of dscout
What's something quirky about your company?
dscout hosts monthly ‘Tuesday Teas’ where a teammate leads a discussion about a topic they are passionate about. Last month an engineer led a talk on the French Revolution, and earlier a lead researcher spoke about brewing beer... It's a fun way to learn about our peers and about something we may have never thought to learn more about!
Lead Research Advisor
What projects are you most excited about?
dscout is full of passionate and curious people, so projects that require true cross-company collaboration are my favorite. Recently, this included a research project to inform changes around how we capture gender-identity in the participant profile of our app. This work involved almost every department, so it felt like a true team effort.
Director, Business Intelligence
What does career growth look like on your team?
Career growth can be such a personal journey! dscout provides a clearly defined growth path for how people may progress on the team, while also supporting growth consistently by providing opportunities and responsibilities that challenge and develop each team member’s skillset in new ways.
What unique initiatives do you have that encourage innovation?
dscout takes innovation into the way we operate. We’re transparent with information and challenges. We create goals top-down and bottom-up, giving direction on where to focus and how to succeed. We value metrics, but we aren’t beholden to them. We want you to brainstorm ideas, debate strategy and, more than anything, get inspired by our customers.
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
Collaboration is a core value at dscout. We openly encourage collaboration through larger company strategic initiatives down to smaller cross-functional initiatives. Whether it's formal meetings with Sales and Customer Success, or collaborating through tools like Slack or GSuite. I've always found that everyone is open to chat and share feedback.
Marketing Manager - Events
Where we are
Our office is in the northwest corner of Chicago's bustling Loop neighborhood, right along the Chicago Riverwalk. Entertainment is just steps away!
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
- dscout has some great benefits. From excellent healthcare coverage, to an office stocked with lots of snacks and Metropolis and Intelligentsia coffee, we're able to focus on building a top-notch product.Laura RumageSoftware Engineer
- I love the people the most! dscout is lively and goofy, to say the least - you can always catch a joke floating around or find yourself in an interesting conversation. That, mixed with a great company work ethic, is the special sauce for sure.Faith KimProduct Designer
- I love that everyone at dscout — from leadership to brand new employees — can have a meaningful impact on the company. It’s great to know my ideas are welcome and encouraged. The occasional bouncy house or ping pong tournament are pretty epic, too.Shadae PickettResearch Advisor
- I love my job at dscout! The work is super interesting, the team is such a fun cast of characters, and everyone's contribution really does matter. This company is really something special!Adam FlintAccount Executive
- I enjoy working at dscout because of the people. It's rewarding to work with people who go out of their way to help you solve a problem, teach you something new, or, most importantly, help you decide what to eat out of the boatload of kitchen snacks.Anneliese HernandezQA Engineer
Jobs at dscout5 open jobs
Design + UX
Technology we use
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
Articles we're in10 articles
Our funding history
$1M in FundingInvestors: Synetro Group
$2.7M in FundingInvestors: Synetro Group
$7.5M in FundingInvestors: Lead: Beringea; Participating: Synetro Group