Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Design
Our team actualizes Gemini’s mission by designing best in class products and brand experiences. In Design, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. Our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution. Our work is simple, engaging, effective and cohesive.
The Role: Lead, UX Research
Join a dynamic and tight-knit team of UX designers, visual designers, product managers, front end and mobile engineers to expand and codify Gemini’s digital identity. As a UX Researcher, you live and breathe the user experience; guided by data and business objectives. You will be an advocate for the people who use our products as well as the teams that build them. This role reports to Gemini’s Creative Director and is part of the Design leadership team.
You have experience delivering high-quality research with measurable business value. You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders, including articulating the integral role of research to the business.
- Collaborate and partner with product execution teams to understand product objectives, identify research questions, and translate those to in-person and remote usability studies, user interviews, and surveys
- Scope, design and execute studies that uncover user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology and measurement techniques
- Analyze, interpret, and socialize research insights that help shape our product strategy.
- Be a thought leader in user research and help educate the product team on research best practices
- Responsible for developing UX Research artifacts such as proposals, moderator guides, and research reports
- Assist in developing an accessible and intuitive UX research archive
- Serve as a source of user knowledge for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience within User Experience, HCI, applied research setting, and/or product research and development
- Experience with consumer products and or fintech products
- Experience directly conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Experience building and setting research strategy that connects with business strategy
- Track record of communicating user research findings with cross functional partners to drive impact
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional peers and stakeholders (e.g., product managers, data scientists, designers, engineers, policy, communications, marketing)
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.