Learning Experience Designer at Atlassian
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work - whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Learning Experience Designer to design, build, and maintain engaging on-demand product training experiences for customers. As a member of the Atlassian Learning team, you will define course requirements, write learning objectives, and create dynamic digital learning experiences in a variety of formats, including video, text, infographics, interactive media, case studies, virtual events, and more. This role requires a unique blend of instructional design expertise and multimedia production skills. You will be joining a future focused, nimble team that is working to re-imagine Atlassian's on-demand training for millions of users. This is a fully remote role in a remote first company!
Your future team
About our team Atlassian University is a small but mighty team of skilled training, product, and marketing professionals. You will be joining the Learning Experience Design team, but you will have ample opportunities to collaborate with Atlassians from other teams. University is poised for extraordinary growth, and we look forward to adding your talents and perspective to help us achieve our goals!
More about you
You are an optimistic, passionate self-starter capable of driving projects from start to finish. You are comfortable building and refining your own tools and sharing your practices with teammates. You excel at simplifying and communicating concepts, including sophisticated workflows and technical information. You seek out feedback from learners and teammates, using agile development strategies to continuously improve the experiences you build and maintain.
In this role, you will:
- Build engaging, informational, and visually compelling learning experiences
- Work to ensure that all training materials are consistent, up-to-date, and aligned with the larger team and company goals
- Establish positive relationships with SMEs and other partners to ensure learning experiences are designed to improve customer outcomes
- Find new ways to produce content that scales and resonates with our increasingly global audience
- Support the creation of standardized tools, metrics, and evaluation processes across training to ensure a scalable approach when evaluating and addressing learning needs
- Use agile methodology to define, create, develop, and manage content projects through a prioritized backlog
- Collect and analyze course evaluation data to improve training content and effectiveness
- Instructional design experience and a deep understanding of adult learning methodologies
- Deep experience with media design and creation of visual assets including images, GIFs, and videos
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- A record of success in a results-oriented professional environment that requires critical thinking, resourcefulness, and a dedication to high-quality
- Strong sense of autonomy and personal accountability
- Some exposure to Atlassian tools, especially Jira and Confluence
- A strong desire to contribute to Atlassian's culture
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and testing outstanding learning content
- Experience with design tools for eLearning, Articulate Rise 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Captivate, Storyline, Premiere Pro, and Camtasia.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Established methods for working with Subject Matter Experts to target and refine learning objects
- Experience working in technology and SaaS is preferred. Knowledge of Atlassian products is a big plus!
- Multimedia production experience and familiarity with best practices for visual design and video production
- Familiarity with UX design principles
- Ability to communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work within pre-defined templates and style guidelines
- Ability to independently scope and run multiple, concurrent projects independently
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $106,000 - $141,300
Zone B: $95,400 - $127,100
Zone C: $88,000 - $117,300
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity. Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter. #LI-Remote
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more.
Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh .