Learning Experience Designer
• Develop training programs, courses, materials, and content to support Learning and Development and Instructional Design needs. This includes new employee orientation and new hire onboarding; tools, software, systems, and technical training; operational/business process and procedure training; client and service implementation; change management training; continuous learning and continuing education; departmental and organizational initiatives; ad-hock refreshers; leadership and soft-skill training, and other training, learning, and development programs.
• Produce and update training content and curriculum. This includes presentations, classroom curriculum, activities, lesson plans, facilitator/instructor and participant guides, manuals and handbooks, job aids, instructional videos, self-paced e-learning, learning assessment tools, tests, and evaluation programs and accompanying multi-media materials.
• Adapt and convert courses as new technology emerges or new business needs are identified.
• Support learning and development, training, talent development, HR, and organizational initiatives as needed.
• Foster a positive team environment.
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data.
• Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
• Travel requirements: Able to work between Chicago and Naperville.
• Customer Service – Proficient
• Verbal Communication - Proficient
• Written Communication - Expert
• Teamwork - Proficient
• Relationships - Proficient
• Negotiation - Proficient
• Organizational Awareness - Proficient
• Learning Agility - Advanced
Analysis - Proficient
• Problem Solving - Advanced
• Process Orientation - Proficient
• Prioritization - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
• Mastery of instructional design principles, training techniques, and adult learning theories
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Audio and Video production and editing
• Intermediate to advanced skills in e-learning development software (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Lectora)
• Experience with Learning Management Systems (e.g. Saba, Cornerstone, Skillsoft)
People Management Skills
• A sole contributor role
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Communication, Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in instructional design, learning experience, training delivery, technical training, or talent development or equivalent experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Human Resources, or related field, or MBA, or equivalent experience
• CPLP, ATD, Langevin, or other training certifications or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in call center, contact center, customer service, or related field
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.